The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My New wheels! CCW 19" BOOYA!

TRD3000GT

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Price is irrelative my dear friend But just to give you an idea. These wheels are CUSTOM made and the wait on them is 6 months.... Over £2500 to have them made.

Tyres will cost me £800 all round to replace. Even though they come with nearly new tyres :-)

:eyebrows:

F**K me dude!!! Well worth it though. It gets to the point where you drive along and peeps are all looking at the wheels and not the car!!!! :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

I just had to look up 'irrelative'!!! thought is was a word you made up - but it is actually quite correct!!! kudos! :tongue:

I'd like to know where hes getting his Tyres from then! :sly:

Unless hes gonna fit Avon rubber to his car or sommat :tumble:

Sorry, slight thread highjack here....

Is there something bad about Avons? I've got these on the front of my car and they *seem* to grip pretty well.

On my car its the rear than has zero traction and I have F1 GSD3's - in the last few months I get wheel spin at 80mph+ wet or dry!

Maybe its just bad alignment or something but its rear end grip with the F1's that seem to be the problem rather than front grip with the Avons.

Sorry, as usual I didn't explain too well. I mean comparatively there’s very little rear end traction at the rear when compared to the front. Today the back end stepped out at less than 1500rpm in 3rd! (I'm no RWD newbie having had mid/high powered rwd cars since 11y/o - 28y/o now! :D )

Mainly thought I wanted to know if there was a known problem with Avons??

• 2 weeks later...

OK they are here.

Sitting on the drive next to the car.... All I can say is :eek:

Was in a golf VR6 bringing them to my house when a scooby I know came up along side me. He did not recognise me from the car, But he saw the wheels in the back his jaw dropped!

He cracked the window and asked what needed such wide tyres? I told him the supra he raced 3 months ago as its having traction problems...

He just laughed as I beat him once already :eyebrows:

OK,

Got them on the car yesterday.. I cant beleive what a good fit they are!!

They have no hubcentric rings so the fit was TIGHT but they are perfect!! I thought I was deff going to have issues with the size of the wheels tyres but the fronts dont rub AT ALL even on full lock!!!

My manias rubbed and they were 1.5 inches thinner on the front!!!

Suprafly saw them last night and I am a very happy boy :read:

Will get some pictures up after the weekend!

:eyebrows:

These have to be the nicest wheels I have ever seen on any car! My previous favourites were those 19" £3750 6 spoke forged wheels by Mania as seen on a silver Supra in Jap Performance a few years ago.

Blitz do nice wheels too.