The mkiv Supra Owners Club

American Evo VIII owner seeks Supra for return to UK.

kins

See Jurgen for an import, he brings some nice cars over, he imported mine, its been a great example considering the age of them.

Yes reading up on here I've heard nothing but good things about Jurgen. To be honest I'm very sceptical about buying a car without viewing and test driving it for myself. What if a car is described as grade 4 but when you get it you are dissapointed with the cars condition. I think I'd sooner buy a car that's already been imported or buy a UK car. :tongue: It just sounds risky.

Hello and welcome :wave:

Erm......, have you seen our petrol prices? :D

Please don't remind me... I'm doing my best to block it out.

State of economy *sticks fingers in ears lalalalalalala*

Brink of recission *sticks fingers in ears lalalalalalala*

Life is short.... live it. :cool:

I've been digging around a little. I'm torn between a late model Import or a UK TT. I like the idea of owning a low mileage example in super clean condition. I would like the facelift and I really don't think the VVTI is going to hold me back that much.... not for my needs. I'm swaying towards a late model import 97-02.

What year is the colour gunmetal available in?

What options should I be looking for? From my reading, UK spec brakes appear to be good thing to have. What else?

I did shop around for an insurance quote. The best I have to date is 8 hundred and something with http://www.elephant.co.uk

That was for a import worth 10K with me having 0 no claims. A UK car was about 100 quid cheaper.

Not too bad.

Go for the import im telling you the later facelift ones are generally speaking in better nick, gunmetal came in in 96 i think, not much else required on a supra other than the big brakes as they already have everything, if you find one with recaro's tho that would be a plus.

Guest flipper

Mines a GRADE 4 import...non VVti...1996 R REG....Manual 6 speed...gunmetal....49k miles...FULL BPU...400bhp+

Costs me £428 year insurance fully comp(Adrian Flux)...35 years old 12yrs ncb

Owned for 2 years +...less than 2000 miles..always garged..wax-oyl every year...no RUST

FOR SALE;http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=153939

Still have STOCK bumper for it as well for the STOCK lovers...

supra last night.jpg

Edited by flipper (see edit history)

Go for the import im telling you the later facelift ones are generally speaking in better nick, gunmetal came in in 96 i think, not much else required on a supra other than the big brakes as they already have everything, if you find one with recaro's tho that would be a plus.

Sounds good to me. Having read the guide do post 97 Supra's all have big brakes? Recaro's would be nice too... that or fit it some Bride's.:D

Hi and welcome, nice post, what part of the uk are you moving to?:)

I will be moving to Ingleton, North Yorkshire.... although I could be living in Leeds or Machester shortly after. I'm not sure yet... where ever my work takes me.

Mines a GRADE 4 import...non VVti...1996 R REG....Manual 6 speed...gunmetal....49k miles...FULL BPU...400bhp+

Costs me £428 year insurance fully comp(Adrian Flux)...35 years old 12yrs ncb

Owned for 2 years +...less than 2000 miles..always garged..wax-oyl every year...no RUST

FOR SALE;http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=153939

Still have STOCK bumper for it as well for the STOCK lovers...

I was actually checking out your car mate. I have to say it's a nice example. Unfortunately I won't be home until a couple of months from now and the chances are you will have sold it.

Thanks for posting it though.

Why are you selling?!

want to come live here in rip off britain mate!!! it is currently around £1.25 a litre and rising over here mind mate, i stay there, otherwise :welcome::uk:

** Fingers in ears la la la la la la**

When I get my Supra we should have a mass supra convoy. We all fill up at the same point and all circle the M25 until we run out of petrol.... hopefully there is enough of us to block it off in protest! Trouble with this is that the n/a will probably get futher round the loop and the power monsters wont get far ha ha. What a crap idea [OOPS][/OOPS] OK we all just drive around really slowly and if the cops bother us we say we're trying to save petrol!

Yeah I must admit I'm not looking forward to filling up the supra.:tongue:

Sounds good to me. Having read the guide do post 97 Supra's all have big brakes? Recaro's would be nice too... that or fit it some Bride's.:D

Not sure actually you normally find the majority have them anyway, they are easy to spot anyway.

• 3 months later...

Hello again guys... sorry I've been MIA. I've sold my Evo and now have a return date of the 9th December so its time to go shopping. I'm undecided what car to go for though.

I have about a 11K GBP budget right now.

Here are the cars what I'm considering in no particular order:

1) Tommi Makinen Edition Evo 6.5

2) RS Evo VI

3) 97-02 TT Supra VVTI - fav colours Royal Saphire Pearl then Quicksilver

4) 93-96 TT Supra non VVTI

5) 93 N/A Supra - white

1) I like option one as I see this as the ultimate evo and future collectors car. I also think I'd miss the awd if I went the Supra route.

2) The rawness of the RS appeals to me too... a real drivers car.

3) Having a newer Supra with lower miles in tidier condtion would be nice and I flipping love RSP and QS on the mkiv. I'm told buy my buddy that owns a supra that the VVTI motors are a lot harder to modify... and this is a concern.

4) A non VVTI mkiv TT would be nice if I can find one in clean condition. \

5) The price of these cars seem very cheap... I've seen NA's go for 2,500 pounds and I'm seriously thinking about buying one of these and doing either a N/A T or swapping in a 2JZgte and 6 speed box. The money I'd save in buying the car for only 2.5G could let me spend money on brembo's, bride seats, a nice set of coilovers, turbo kit, engine management ect and make a real nice street/race supra.

I'm coming from an Evo background and miss my Evo already... the trouble is I'd love a mkiv supra. If I could afford both I'd have both.

What's tipping the scale for me right now is that I have an excellent opportunity to get a very VERY good price ;) on a new Sound Performance SP67 turbo kit and race intake manifold which is tempting me to go Supra even more.

Can anyone offer me advice here to help make my choice easier as I'm struggling.

Also can you get RSP Supra's in non VVTI?

Can anyone reccomend a car that's forsale?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

The more I read on here the more I'm thinking about buying a non vvti twin turbo 6 speed. I was thinking of picking up a early model twin turbo six and then converting it to a facelift. Looking around on here and on pistonheads there seems to be a few good buys in the 6-8k range, which will leave me plenty of money for mods. I'd love it if I could find one in that monkey shit brown anthracite... I love that colour and I believe it was only available in 93 so I guess they're pretty rare. Failing that that a clean looking white or black car would be nice.

Like I said I plan to fit a sp67 single turbo kit and sp race manifold which I'll be bringing back with me.

What engine management system is best for my project? I want something that's going to be around a while and well supported by tuners in the UK. AEM seems to be favoured system here in the states but looking around I see Motec and Solaris are popular here. What do I buy? If I can buy it here in the US and ship it home I could save a few quid... especially if I buy it used.

I was also thinking about buying seats, wheels, coilovers and brakes here too. So far I'm thinking Bride seats, CCW wheels, Brembo big brake kit and Ohlins coilovers (might be too expensive) but I'm only guessing right now... I need to research but do you guys have any recommendations in the mean time? I want the car will be as stock looking as possible on the outside with a few subtle mods...maybe a Rod Millan wing and a few subtle touches.... no fast and furious body kits on my supra. :D