• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jamie

what prop are you running?

I think you did the 10sec 1/4 mile with slicks so I was interested to know whether you think the standard prop, UJs and rubber doughnut can handle that all OK. I know the TRD diff and standard drive shafts etc are pretty bullet proof (as is the g/box) so I wondered what the driveshaft etc is good for.

Sorry if covered elsewhere in your thread but at nearly 180 pages it isnt easy to find!

cheers

Hey Jamie

what prop are you running?

I think you did the 10sec 1/4 mile with slicks so I was interested to know whether you think the standard prop, UJs and rubber doughnut can handle that all OK. I know the TRD diff and standard drive shafts etc are pretty bullet proof (as is the g/box) so I wondered what the driveshaft etc is good for.

Sorry if covered elsewhere in your thread but at nearly 180 pages it isnt easy to find!

cheers

Im stock drivetrain mate, nothing has ever failed on this car, some seem to last and others fail right off, might be worth fitting a brand new donut? Dude is probably the best person to speak with for advice.

Ive just bought a TRD lsd but not installed it yet, i dont think they are any stronger than stock tbh, its the crown and pin thats failed on my old car each time splitting the case open.

From what ive seen its between diff/donut and prop failure.

This is a nice pic for you i found on supraforum.

attachment.php?attachmentid=103253&stc=1&d=1262269914

twisted prop.jpg

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Haven't checked your thread for a while, nor been on the forum either. Really love what you've been doing to the new car Jamie, looks as well as performance.

Looking to go solaris next year too, how are you finding the traction control on the ecu against the racelogic?

by the way: A++ on the dyno score you made....

Hey mate, i dont bother with the traction control on the solaris and never have had racelogic, spoils the fun.

Cheers.

Thanks, the picture answers the question as the doughnut and UJs stayed together! It must have been running some very sticky slicks to do that....

Normally it would be the do-nut I would expect to let go, thats what went on mine. It is poss to make a much stronger doughnut but really for ultimate strength you need to go 1 piece prop and lose the do-nuts....................... and solid mount the diff...................and fit a billet diff cover etc etc

Guest TT Power

I love this Setup i am also thinking about going Precision t67 just to have some thing different.

Tell me is the garret t04z bigger then Precision t67 ???

Sorry for hijacking