The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Purchasing an NA. Advice?

Guest Budz86

Guest Budz86

Phoned the guy up, told him I wasn't interested at that price, especially since it had no tax.

He has dropped the price to £4,150 with the tax included. I still think this is a bit high. Worth trying to get him to drop it more or just bin it and keep looking?

Phoned the guy up, told him I wasn't interested at that price, especially since it had no tax.

He has dropped the price to £4,150 with the tax included. I still think this is a bit high. Worth trying to get him to drop it more or just bin it and keep looking?

that is still high. i bought my mint aerotop for £4k a little while ago, and he had spent a couple of k on it within the last year

kep it on the back burner, IMO very few will be sold whilst you are looking for others, you are in a perfect position if you can be restrained.

BTW this one does not have ABS if thats important to you, i'd class it as a nice to have, in fact it would have to have just the look i was looking for, or be mint, for me to choose it above one with ABS.

There is a reasonable looking white manual NA for £3000 ono.

It has a LSD, ABS, stock air filter........

and for £3295 a Black LSD equipped one.......with nice stock facelift alloys.

Personally on paper i'd have both of these over the ebay one..

Just food for thought :)

Guest Budz86
There is a reasonable looking white manual NA for £3000 ono.

It has a LSD, ABS, stock air filter........

and for £3295 a Black LSD equipped one.......with nice stock facelift alloys.

Personally on paper i'd have both of these over the ebay one..

Just food for thought :)

Where have you seen these Scooter?

Think I might have burnt that bridge! Said I was looking to pay around 3.5k, maybe a little more. He said I should have mentioned this before wasting his time with a test drive! lol

Edited by Budz86 (see edit history)

Guest Budz86
cj748 is selling a nice aerotop for £3200 on here. worth a look

Had a look at this, but really wanted a manual.

Thinking of saying to this guy 4k flat and he has a deal. Mean's if I get a N/A it will at least get me used to a RWD and 220BHP before a TT6.

Had a look at this, but really wanted a manual.

Thinking of saying to this guy 4k flat and he has a deal. Mean's if I get a N/A it will at least get me used to a RWD and 220BHP before a TT6.

definatly a good idea, the n/a still has enough power to get you in trouble. as for the auto, myself and others will say how good the autobox is, I really wanted a manual after owning to auto vectra's. However when i went for a test drive in my supe I couldn't belive how good the autobox was.

definatly a good idea, the n/a still has enough power to get you in trouble. as for the auto, myself and others will say how good the autobox is, I really wanted a manual after owning to auto vectra's. However when i went for a test drive in my supe I couldn't belive how good the autobox was.

I've not driven a manual, but auto box is so fantastic mate, if you buy a auto then u wont regret it :)

Good luck!!

Hi Dean

Sorry I haven't replied to your PM. When I get the chance, and if you still want a ride, then maybe we can sort something out.

As you're not too far away, maybe its worth asking Sean1933 or TrickyRicky to maybe help you if you're looking around this area. They have both converted their twins into singles recently, and I assume know what they are looking at :)

4 weeks ago i bought a white n/a manual supra with less miles on the clock than that one on ebay, i paid for £3400?:)

indeed...........looks like the guys got the supra urge bad though!

can't blame him its just if his goal is a tt in the future then a carefully considered and good value choice now will ultimately make that move cheaper and/or sooner.

Got mine on Auto Trader,

1993 N/A

113,000km (70,000miles)

£3850,

6 months tax,

Brand New Mot

Had her for just over a year now, love it to bits, in three weeks i am doing a Full TT conversion with bpu, cant wait till i come back from holiday to drive it:D, but i do need to invest in some big stopping power brakes.:blink: