The mkiv Supra Owners Club

!!! Jap Show Final - Sunday 5th October 2008 @ Santa Pod !!!

lui

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a nightmare. Im so gutted after looking forward to it for ages:( Such a shame though, but we didn't see the point in staying so left pretty soon after getting there. Couldn't even get out to chat with the guys who had made it.

Saw 5 accidents today and one which caused the M6 to be closed forcing us onto the M40 this morning on the way there.

Saturday wasn't too bad, very windy like every pod event this year, but today was a complete washout. I got soaked putting my tent down, and then more soaked all morning. Not many people there, and I spoke to a few of the traders and they all thought the day was a waste of time.

The grass was a mudbath and the tarmac was under 2 inches of water :(

Got fed up and left at about 11:30. Shame really as I usually enjoy Japshow, but a crappy end to a rubbish summer unfortunatly:cry:

What a nightmare. Im so gutted after looking forward to it for ages:( Such a shame though, but we didn't see the point in staying so left pretty soon after getting there. Couldn't even get out to chat with the guys who had made it.

Saw 5 accidents today and one which caused the M6 to be closed forcing us onto the M40 this morning on the way there.

Such a shame after all the effort Lui put in and you with the Midlands convoy. :(

We were so lucky yesterday, it could easily have been the other way round and I'd have been gutted so I really sympathise with you lot.

After messing around trying to get the trailer lights working we finally got to Pod (only a ten min drive) and then the club we were with decided to leave. So we stayed around for a bit, had some food and buggered off home. Glad i didnt have to pay for my ticket!

Sounds like we made the right decision to head for home mate, pity its lovely and sunny outside now:rolleyes:

It was a real shame that the rain ruined what is usually a great day.

Got totally soaked just trying to nip to the loo or get something to eat and we called it a day not long after everyone else.

It did seem like the black cloud was only over Santa pod though :rolleyes:

Hey ho there's still Suprapod :)

What fab Sunny Day - AT HOME,

total washout a the pod

depressed, saw so many accidents today.

got fleeced over a none valid ticket , so paid twiced twice

got totally soaked for only 10 mins out the car.

and came home

surprised no body drowned there engine on the way out through all the flooding.

great to see the people that we convoy'd with.

nice drive back home, a little spirit when we hit dry ground.

(nice one jamie (magictorch))

car is clean again now , and i dont feel so dirty.

p.s lui, thank you for organizing, we don't blame you for the weather dude !

Edited by G-NEMIE (see edit history)

Shame about the day folks, what a nightmare :(

Well done to Lui for the hard work on the organisaing, just a shame the weather lets everyone down.

Most of you guys don't know just how much work goes into sorting out days like today. Lui's invested so much time and effort getting things prepared for today, it must be gutting when something as simple as rain spoils it all.

Lets keep our fingers crossed things work out better for Supra Pod in 2 weeks :)

What fab Sunny Day - AT HOME,

total washout a the pod

depressed, saw so many accidents today.

got fleeced over a none valid ticket , so paid twiced twice

got totally soaked for only 10 mins out the car.

and came home

surprised no body drowned there engine on the way out through all the flooding.

great to see the people that we convoy'd with.

nice drive back home, a little spirit when we hit dry ground.

(nice one jamie (magictorch))

car is clean again now , and i dont feel so dirty.

p.s lui, thank you for organizing, we don't blame you for the weather dude !

Shame we got split up mate but we had some fun on the way back too.

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest Gaz-Szr

Oooooooooo eck, what a wet day, Im an umbrella down as the wind cought it and bent it in two lol

Was a real shame as the supra's that did turn up looked really nice too, I only met lui i think as the rest where huddled up in their cars nice and warm :) as where we untill we decided to brave a quick walk, then we left soaking wet for the nearest pub with adam,james and crew.:)

Mine was the Black one with veilside kit on and a UK turbo bonnet for those that dont know :) Will say hi at the next show for sure :)

it would have been nice to have had a chat with some guys i'd not seen for a bit and meet some new people. But in the end it cant be helped and its just good to know people got good ok after some of the accidents we saw today including one right in front of us.

Posted via Mobile Device

I was really looking forward to this one too - was in the convoy - thanks Lui for arranging everything! It must've been really disappointing for you....

I was looking forward to meeting some of you as I haven't had a chance yet - the cars I saw looked great though, especially the two black Supras with (I think) Veilside kits on... hopefully next time there'll be time to chat and look at the cars properly!

We got absolutely soaked but I didn't feel too bad about it, (even when I was up to my ankles in water) until I got back into the car and saw the water pooling off my jacket onto the back seats! Grrr! Stayed for about an hour then had enough! The 3 hour drive home all wet, cold and steamy was fun too.

Nevermind, there's always next year - I'll remember to buy some wellies, waders and sou'wester for next year's car shows...:)

Thanks again Lui :D

Guest ckuky2k

damn right it was a dissapointing day got very soak in the rain. Stayed for nearly 2 hr to see if the weather turn for good but not until 4pm!!!! by that time there no point going back. some very nice supra there especially the Green one with the N3 SUP number plate. nice job mate who ever you are.

I had to park all the way outside on the grass in my blue supra.

Saw a blue civic in the ditched which was a shame for him. load of accident on the way back to manchester on the M1 and M6 2 hours ago.

Started out at 6.15 this morning on way to Toddington pouring with rain got there for 7.15 was there just by myself till 7.50 at one point with the weather conditions thought no one turning up then all of the sudden loads of Supra's started to turn up for the convoy 30+ in total well done to you all.

Left in convoy on time at 8.30 as we all started pulling out onto M1 felt real sorry for chap with nice Porsche all smashed to bit's on hard shoulder looks like it just happened :(

Excellent convoy all way to the Pod all kept in line & arrived together at the pod which was like a lake / mud pit water most places up to your ankles in water :(:(:(

Made it over to club stand had look around for about hour got 100% soaked all through by then had enough & decided to go home back to the warm what a disaster but unfortunately with fixed dates & bad weather conditions it's out of my hands.

Just want to say big thanks to all making the effort to come down with the terrible weather / swamp mud pit there & roll on the next one with hopefully much better conditions

Once again cheers all Lui

Edited by lui (see edit history)

Guest ckuky2k

nice Lui ashame i didnt get to see it mate. what time was you at the pod til? i left there at 12 something but didnt see many supra around, only saw a black and green one at the stand sides.

Such a shame with the weather, I couldn't believe the amount of muddy water that was on the road around the pod. I stayed till about 12ish, but couldn't see the weather getting any better. Cheers for the Mids lads n lasses for the convoy across ;) & cheers to lui for sorting the event :thumbs:

Cheers Lui,

Another well organized event spoilt by the shocking weather!!

Only stayed till 11:30 before calling it a day.

Too be honest me and my mate where totally soaked before we got out the car. I pulled over once we got into the grounds to let the guys behind catch up. I had the drivers window down and a **** in a civic raced past through the lakes of water which sent a tidal wave of dirty, muddy **** in through the window.

Not happy at the time but can see the sort of funny side...will have to spend some time now trying to clean it all as it is covered in dried in mud!

Still I could not have had as bad a day as the guy we left at the services in the Carrera 4S who had obviously lost it and taken all the corners of his car off!!! Ouch!! :(