The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clear Headlight lenses (replacement)

suprattgaz

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine this morning too. Well happy with them, Have a few minor air bubbles which are not a prob.:(

Look forward to fitting them. Wooo Hooo:d:d:d:d[COOL][/COOL]

Really? How big, must be minute? If they are on the surface (which they will be) polish them out, it will take very little time to do. I thought I had found and polished all the ones with little bubbles?!:imsorry:

No worries mate, They look great, I'm not fussed, It's only in one side and bearly noticable. :cool::cool::cool:

Really? How big, must be minute? If they are on the surface (which they will be) polish them out, it will take very little time to do. I thought I had found and polished all the ones with little bubbles?!:imsorry:

I'm glad you guys are happy with them - they are pretty impressive, especially once fitted :thumbs:

(Especially as I designed these *smug*)

:Pling:PLEASE take your time fitting them, if you rush it can be a bodge (I know, I rushed my first pair as I was so excited).:Pling:

A final hint to you lot is if you want to make it look the real, real dogs, the current lens you have fits on the front of the exisiting, which will in the end stick out (millimeters) from the old light, much like the UK headlights look. If you have the time and patience cut the new lense I supplied you to fit inside the old lense, and pin in place from the sides. I added pictures of a set I have done like this.

You have to be real confident to do it like this, and TBH the way I have put in the original guide looks just as good. Again I am more than happy to share my experiences with you in fitting (either way) so please feel free to pm me. If it is easier I will give you my phone no and we can discuss - it isn't that hard though.;)

You paint over the pins in the end, as you do the other way - didn't make it clear. They look like this in the end:;) (facelifts used in pictures shown)

Are you still doing these Gaz??

Im very interested in set of trimmed ones as my facelift headlights are starting to a bit yellow! :-(

Edit: Do you do fitment of the lenses too Gaz??

Another group buy for people who missed out?

PLEASE!!

I didnt read this till today and like i said, my headlights or one of them is turning yellow and would like the clear lenses as this would look good

on my white '98 TT! :-D

Do you know of anyone who will actually fit the lenses into the headlight??

Do you know of anyone who will actually fit the lenses into the headlight??

well best to do yourself. if you don't do it and in the further u will never able to do it.

please try to fit yourself and take time. get everything ready before u fit.

don't rush it can be bad. do slowly and it will be look professional ;)

so i will do it my self which is i never done before lol:p

cheers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.