The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New install GT4094R DBB 1.06 A/R

gledo1970

im more than happy with the turbo set up etc.. we had 2 slight boost leak and a weak wastegate spring which was not holding the boost all the way through the rev range and with air intake temps rising over 3 times what we were getting on the road i think its not to bad..im more than happy with the result. We have a smaller exhaust housing to try but after using launch control and anti lag now on this turbo for over 10'000miles i cant see the exhaust blades being in the best condition. engine spec is in my garage.. duty cycle was only at 72% rev limit lowered to 7.2k as the built engine has done over 50k and with the biggest gt42rs sat waiting to go on when the new engine is built

People who know me no i have tried all types of turbo's set up over the years..big and small.. Im happy with my set up for now.. I ran a well set up gt3582r for a couple of years and enjoyed the quick spool for daily driving and around the back lanes etc but when you want to play with proper cars and bikes it always ran out of puff top end.. I do not drive it every day and when the next engine and gt42r goes on its going to be even more laggy which is not for everybody but afther modding my car for over 7yrs i like to do something differntly and try things.. ive still got the gt35 sat here if i want it.

• 2 months later...

Just a little update on my supra.. took mine and ryan g cars down to Ajec racing to map ryans car on the gt4088 and give my car a few power runs to check it will be ok for suprapod and to see how ajec and SRR compare on bhp readings.. anyway as we guest they were not the same.. Ryan put my map on as used at the mkivsupra day and SRR where mine made 689bhp on a very hot day and with the same boost on a cooler day today the same map only made around 620ish bhp.. same boost level,timing etc..then we put some 109 race fuel in and an extra timing and only got 708.5bhp @ 1.5bar before tyre and dyno problems.. so we will both be making a trip down to charlie at SSR to get a true reading on both cars in the near future.. :-)

here is a photo of the read out... we had a slight boost leak and the wastegate spring needs replacing as it would not make anymore than 1.5bar.. roll on 2bar on 109 race fuel to see what this set up can do before the new 3.4 stroker engine and gt4202r dbb goes in over the winter.. :-)

Edited by gledo1970 (see edit history)