The mkiv Supra Owners Club

need some help making my mind up!!!!

123tom123tom

will i feel a considerable difference in power as i am running 334bhp....

Just to clarify here, I'm presuming your 334BHP is at the rear wheels... When people here are mentioning ~450-470BHP or whatever for hybrids, that is at the crank. So probably around 390BHP ish at the wheels. You'd notice it, but personally I'm not sure it's worth it, I'd be happy with BPU or get saving for a single install.

it is full bpu at the moment and yes am loving the gains from this stage of mods, but like most people i want more.

I suspect you will feel like that after fitting hybrids !

However can you afford to sink £10k in to your supra for a proper single install versus £2k ish for hybrids

However can you afford to sink £10k in to your supra for a proper single install versus £2k ish for hybrids

Hybrids done properly would cost more than £2k though, yes the actual turbos are a significant part of the cost (if buying new).... but you'll then need at least UK spec injectors, resistor pack, new pump, some form of fuel control ECU, boost controller... plus fitting and setting up for all of this.

I agree on that ... global costs for the hybrids will be higher than £2k.

I also agree on the fact that the single turbo conversion does not give the low down torque as standard turbos (or hybrids). However, this lag can be minimised (mid pipe, downpipe, manifold, lightened flywheel, ... )

Hybrids done properly would cost more than £2k though, yes the actual turbos are a significant part of the cost (if buying new).... but you'll then need at least UK spec injectors, resistor pack, new pump, some form of fuel control ECU, boost controller... plus fitting and setting up for all of this.

I did say £2k ish, plus he already has the injectors and he claims to be full BPU already.

Alright then, £3.5k might be a better estimation but £4k would still be nearer the mark than £2k ;)

...that thread he claims he has 550's but it's not sure, and he's not sure if he has anything to control those injectors either.... my guess is he's on standard j-spec injectors.

another thing i am looking into is gearbox.....

do you recomend the 6 speed conversion, or just upgrading the auto box....

what are the options in this department.....

Personally I would go for 6sp. You can get uprated Auto boxes i.e. boostlogic but even then thay are known to fail with a lot of power going through it, Gamer has had 2 break on him.