The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to mount my number plate on a do-luck?

Blackie

get a stick on vinyle one for the nose lol

but as you are a hobbist can't you ring one which will lay flat to look coll but pop up for when you drive?

great minds think alike

I had this problem as I had mine lying pretty much horizontal on the bottom but got pulled & given 21 days to change it.

Bought a small square one and mounted it at the side on the small flat surface...but MOT station wouldnt stamp my ticket to say it was ok.

So then bought a normal long one and was going to mount it the on the bottom shelf of the do-luck angled at 45...but thjot this mite of looked a bit like an ornament sitting on a fireplace + didnt want to get anythin in the way of my intercooler.

So opted for yet another square one this time...proper size letters this time...11"x8" fits perfectly on the side across one of the vents.

Have a look at my profile pic...I will try & post some more detailed pics up if you are interested in doing it this way.

Hope this helps ma man!

I would go as you said ... on for MOT and off for the rest.

For the moment, I put mine (as a sticker) on the upper part of the bumper (see pic) ... I have ordered a Top Secret front bumper (for changes) and I wont put any plate on that.

Supra.jpg

Do what i do now mate, carry it in the car and if stopped just say it fell off when you were last parked and are going to fix it when you get to a shop. They will only ask you to display it on the window, just agree and drive off.

When your moved on move it away again

Do what i do now mate, carry it in the car and if stopped just say it fell off when you were last parked and are going to fix it when you get to a shop. They will only ask you to display it on the window, just agree and drive off.

When your moved on move it away again

I bet that works well on Truvelo cameras :D