The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just had my car dyno'd

mark uk manual

while everyone may try to put their opinions out on the rolling road used and operators, pretty much everyone elses results were slightly lower than expected or around the figure they should be, so I'm not sure why Mark's read so well!!!

Edited by Tom (see edit history)

while everyone may try to put their opinions out on the rolling road used and operators, pretty much everyone elses results were lower than expected or around the figure they should be.

Which points even more towards operator error ;)

Read my mind.

4th i think. i may be very wrong!

shall we all do a supra day there for all the single boys and see what the results are? (sounds like a dig when i read that myself but would be so good to see/ hear the singles goin for it):D

Mark - are you sure the injectors are standard? seems an odd set up that somebody has spent big £ on turbo, semi built engine, etc etc but retained standard injectors?

Either the dyno is wrong as standard injectors and that power figure don't add up or maybe you have got better fueling than you bargained for?

Have a look down at the caps of the injectors, can you check what colour those caps are as it should help confirm if they are 550's (which I very much expect they are)

I wouldn't be too worried about the peak poower figure, it doesn't mean much anyway. Early torque and spool with a good map is what makes a car fast/enjoyable. So loong as the fueling is okay and it's driving well then you know it's safe... just plenty of room for improvement ;)

Have a look down at the caps of the injectors, can you check what colour those caps are as it should help confirm if they are 550's (which I very much expect they are)

I wouldn't be too worried about the peak poower figure, it doesn't mean much anyway. Early torque and spool with a good map is what makes a car fast/enjoyable. So loong as the fueling is okay and it's driving well then you know it's safe... just plenty of room for improvement ;)

I would guess Homer is correct and that you have 550s, but it is always worth a check!

Also, from those I have spoken to, who have been in your car, it sounds like it is spools up really well as is a good, fast street car. Many huge power, drag spec inspired turbo Supras, would be horrible on the street, despite having a impressive peak power figure!

Mark - are you sure the injectors are standard? seems an odd set up that somebody has spent big £ on turbo, semi built engine, etc etc but retained standard injectors?

Either the dyno is wrong as standard injectors and that power figure don't add up or maybe you have got better fueling than you bargained for?

Even if the injectors were 1000cc's, there's no way a T61 would produce that much power at 1.2 bar.

Nice car though, regardless of the over inflated dyno figures :)

Mark you can meet me on my private test track and battle out the t61's :D will give you a rough guide what its running by how much you pull on me ;)

Shotgun!!!!

I pulled out on you with that van tonight on cookoo corner, sorry bout that!lol, heard you storm down the road :p

Shotgun!!!!

I pulled out on you with that van tonight on cookoo corner, sorry bout that!lol, heard you storm down the road :p

Dont forget your camcorder ;) I see you mate was'nt sure if it was or not looks really nice though :thumbs: will you be bringing it or do you want picking up