The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivsupra.net/car

gaz1

Not doing the multi quote response to each point thing so numbered q's and a's:

I understand gaz and would happily help in anway i could but the following questions arise and need to be addressed and i don't think could get everyone in agreement on:

1.Who gets to drive it,

2.Who stores it.

3.Who do we use to build it.

4.what turbo / suspension / bodywork do we fit to it.

5.What happens to the club if somebody dies or gets badly injured(worst case scenario)while behind the wheel

6.Insurance while stored who is responsible ?

7.Petrol / maintenance / etc

Thats just a few off the top of my head that would need to be addressed, getting everybody to agree on the above would be a bit hard.

Also how many people would be willing to chip in regulalrly for a piece of a car ? im not sure you could get a regular investment to keep it running on a regular basis unfortunately.

1. Paid up members at events

2. Dunno, someone who isn't short of space.

3. Various members with various spanner skills.

4. Same as trader renewals- discussion first, then a vote in members.

5. Insurance covers this.

6. I'm sure Sky could do us some sort of deal as it's effectively a pool car.

7. If 6 members take it to a track then those 6 pay petrol and consumables (pads/tyres). Obviously big things like the big ends going would need more thought for monies.

Perhaps approach Traders for sponsorship for parts?

The MR2 Drivers Club always had a club car, it tended to cause resentment from the members because the chap who "owned" it for the club (Chairman) didn't turn up at event X or Y and the car was in use while he did something else.

It's an interesting idea in principal but I think it would lead to upset one way or another.

Perhaps approach Traders for sponsorship for parts?

I would imagine this could be pretty attractive for a trader to run the club supra, with members donating parts and time, web votes used to make key decisions, but I think since the trader has a big stake in it drivers would have to be limited to make sure it was looked after :O

we could have a second more standard club supra for members to rag around the track on events - what about that £2.8k messy one on ebay right now :p

I would imagine this could be pretty attractive for a trader to run the club supra, with members donating parts and time, web votes used to make key decisions, but I think since the trader has a big stake in it drivers would have to be limited to make sure it was looked after :O

we could have a second more standard club supra for members to rag around the track on events - what about that £2.8k messy one on ebay right now :p

which one on ebay:)

unless we have an unlimited (free) supply of diffs, I think JamieP should stay well away from it :p

do like the idea, but as stated some serious concerns.... can the car not be owned by a company?? therefore company insurance (from our club insurers).....

I have a greddy catch can I can donate :)

unless we have an unlimited (free) supply of diffs, I think JamieP should stay well away from it :p

do like the idea, but as stated some serious concerns.... can the car not be owned by a company?? therefore company insurance (from our club insurers).....

I have a greddy catch can I can donate :)

I have a company and company insurance to drive any vehicle to the value of 40k fully comp:innocent::D

The MR2 Drivers Club always had a club car, it tended to cause resentment from the members because the chap who "owned" it for the club (Chairman) didn't turn up at event X or Y and the car was in use while he did something else.

I like the idea and would love to get involved, but this I see as one of the more serious issues.

Plus dont trackdays usually insist on knowing the drivers before hand ?

Totally up for the idea but wouldn't want it to divide what is a great owners club