The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Now running 1.6 BAR

jevansio

Well I've been out for a blast in it all evening & it's def developed a missfire again :D. It got worse to a point where it would struggle to pull in 6th

Looks like 1.6 BAR has shown up some gremlins in my ignition system :D. When we fitted the sparkplugs we noticed a couple of coilpack connectors weren't in the best condition so I'm going to get a new set of them. Also Ryan noticed the voltage was a bit low so I'm going to get a new alternator aswell. I've got a spare set of coilpacks so we can rule them out too.

So 1.6 BAR has lasted 1 day :D :D

PS can anyone point me in the right direction of getting some new coilpack connectors? EDIT don't worry sorted now :)

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rlol:

Get them coil pack connectors done before michel wants a race ;)

Will order them tomorrow from Durham Toyota, should be able to start ruling them out shortly. The FAQ says once they start to go (after being put under the strain of a single turbo) they deteriorate quickly, they've sure done that :)

Bloody cars eh! :D

Lol :D, I'm used to it now with this one :D

Obviously not round a track but in a straight line... Yup

400hp on a bike

Still, 400hp on a bike will struggle without a wheelie bar would it not? When is the 400hp actually useable? I understand that on paper it may be quick but in real life?

The rolls-royce Y2K had the long wheel base to cope with that.

Went to get some connectors from Michel this evening (many thanks dude :thumbs:). Changed all the connectors over to the new ones.

I thought I'd check the plugs just incase there was anything untoward. When I took the coilpacks off I noticed this yellow residue (like jelly). Everyone had it in, I'll get some pics in a bit. Anyway, I checked my other set & they were spotless so thought what the hell I'll swap them too.

Just been out & the miss is totally fixed, the car felt better straight away at tickover. So we're back to 1.6 BAR and start the day count at 0, lets see if I can beat 1 this time :D

I've just come in after spending the last 2 hours with Ryan upping the boost & general tinkering with the map.

We started by upping the boost to 1.4 BAR & it started missing like mad, it was about time the plugs were changed so we came back to mine & put a fresh set in (grade 8 too as opposed to 7 which was what was in).

It sorted the miss straight away, basically after a number of motorway runs Ryan had done it's stuff. The car is mental now, 3rd gear really makes your guts turn & in this weather traction is great.

Going to try & get some launching practice in now then a run to a RWYB day at York :D

Big thanks to Ryan for delivering the goods again :thumbs:

Just read this thread...Wow! :D:d:d

What bar were you running before you started upping the boost Jevansio??

Still, 400hp on a bike will struggle without a wheelie bar would it not? When is the 400hp actually useable? I understand that on paper it may be quick but in real life?

The rolls-royce Y2K had the long wheel base to cope with that.

Need a lengthened swingarm for a 400bhp bike, i rode a 270bhp turbo ZX9 on stock swingarm that a mate built and that was insane, pulling wheelies at 170mph:cool:

Need a lengthened swingarm for a 400bhp bike, i rode a 270bhp turbo ZX9 on stock swingarm that a mate built and that was insane, pulling wheelies at 170mph:cool:

Sounds like great fun :D

I'm still scared to get my bike license in case i end up killing myself lol.

Sounds like great fun :D

I'm still scared to get my bike license in case i end up killing myself lol.

Take my advice and dont bother getting a bike license, to easy to kill yaself with all the moron drivers about these days, i stick to dirt bikes these days.

sorry for the off topic.

Take my advice and dont bother getting a bike license, to easy to kill yaself with all the moron drivers about these days, i stick to dirt bikes these days.

sorry for the off topic.

I was actually going to go for my bike test asap because of the new bike test rules coming in in sept/oct but im starting to think again about it now...

Just read this thread...Wow! :D:d:d

What bar were you running before you started upping the boost Jevansio??

It was on 1.3 BAR before we started (AEM boost solenoid was set at 19 PSI), Ryan had mapped it to 1.4 BAR but I had pulled it back .1 of a BAR when I got my new exhaust on.