The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Now running 1.6 BAR

jevansio

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to sound like the prophet of doom but I will be interested to see how long you can run it for if its driven daily at that pressure :)

Are you running at the suprapod day this year ;) I reckon a low 10 if you get your drag radials out ;)

I know what you're saying Mikey lol, only time will tell I guess. Even though it's set @ 1.6 I won't be boosting it at that all the time, maybe a couple of times on the way to work & back.

Yeah I'm booked into SupraPod :D, will need to get some practice in up this way before then I guess :).

I know what you're saying Mikey lol, only time will tell I guess. Even though it's set @ 1.6 I won't be boosting it at that all the time, maybe a couple of times on the way to work & back.

Yeah I'm booked into SupraPod :D, will need to get some practice in up this way before then I guess :).

Ahhh sorry mate, I was under the impression you would be running at the level everyday :)

Looking forwards to seeing you tear it up at the pod though, and I agree, you better practice, it sounds like a right handfull ;)

Everyone, stay off the A1 and A19 :D:d:d

Lol, you'll get to see on Monday (if it lasts that long) :D

Ahhh sorry mate, I was under the impression you would be running at the level everyday :)

Looking forwards to seeing you tear it up at the pod though, and I agree, you better practice, it sounds like a right handfull ;)

It will be set at that level constantly, just I'll go easy on the right foot so it'll never see 1.6 BAR :D

Yeah I'm looking forward to it too, be good to see all you guys down there :)

Ahhh sorry mate, I was under the impression you would be running at the level everyday

You could pretty much run any boost pressure up to 1.6bar, so it will still be pretty reliable, is the boost controlled by a ebc or the aem?

What about fitting a scramble boost button, so its on tap whenever you come across something worthwhile using it on:cool:

Is it mapped like Wez's - speed dependant boost?

Lol, you'll get to see on Monday (if it lasts that long) :D

It will be set at that level constantly, just I'll go easy on the right foot so it'll never see 1.6 BAR :D

Yeah I'm looking forward to it too, be good to see all you guys down there :)

Once mine is mapped and running it will be in high boost most of the time (when dry), because there is nothing worse than some chancer coming out of knowhere to take you on and you find yourself on a 1 bar setting :D

I hate to sound like the prophet of doom but I will be interested to see how long you can run it for if its driven daily at that pressure :)

thats exacty what i thought when first reading the thread but credit to jevansio he has prepared for this with a built motor, so as long as its put together properly (which i dont doubt) it should not be a problem (obviously not running 1.6 bar every time he gets in it)

thats exacty what i thought when first reading the thread but credit to jevansio he has prepared for this with a built motor, so as long as its put together properly (which i dont doubt) it should not be a problem (obviously not running 1.6 bar every time he gets in it)

Yep, his motor is properly built, with no expense spared - plus, it's well mapped - so the ingredients for reliability are there.

You could pretty much run any boost pressure up to 1.6bar, so it will still be pretty reliable, is the boost controlled by a ebc or the aem?

What about fitting a scramble boost button, so its on tap whenever you come across something worthwhile using it on:cool:

Is it mapped like Wez's - speed dependant boost?

It's controlled by the AEM, I used to have it controlled via an EBC but the AEM can control it much better. It's not mapped like Wez's, Ryan asked me if I wanted it that way to help get the power down in the low gears but I've decided against for the minute, may well do that later on though.

Once mine is mapped and running it will be in high boost most of the time (when dry), because there is nothing worse than some chancer coming out of knowhere to take you on and you find yourself on a 1 bar setting :D

I agree, I just use my right foot as boost control, came into work this morn, bra the one time I meant to boot it I don't think it saw much more than a couple of PSI.

Cheers Paul :thumbs:, when I started this whole saga off it was my intention to run the most boost I could get away with, which is why I went with the built motor. I know I could run 1.4 safely for years, but for me the reason I've ploughed so much money into the car is to create a monster & I guess I have to push it to the limits.

Yep, his motor is properly built, with no expense spared - plus, it's well mapped - so the ingredients for reliability are there.

Ryan said the air temps were spot on, there's no sign of det, he's mapped it rich top end to be on the safe side, the EGT's are circa 925 before the turbo @ 7000 rpm in 5th, I'm running water injection, and I've pulled it back 1 PSI from where Ryan said it was spot on, so hopefully I've got a little safety margin :)

It's not mapped like Wez's, Ryan asked me if I wanted it that way to help get the power down in the low gears but I've decided against for the minute, may well do that later on though.

I've got a switch in mine where I can swap between limited boost (1bar) to 65mph with full 1.4 bar after, or the full 1.4 all the time.

Kinda like a warm weather button ;)

I'm actually starting to think you may be right here, I can't stop murdering it everywhere, this can't go on forever :)