The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new wheels, Opinions please

bmx1lew

Which wheels  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which wheels

• Old - Axis Milanos
    • New - Manaray VR5's
    • should I paint the Manaray centers or keep them silver?

I like both and I wouldn't say either set negatively impacts the car. For some reason the new set don't seem to suit the colour as well as other colour cars. They seem a little to bright/complex design IYSWIM.

The new set would look great on a car of a different colour, but they just don't seem to work on Graphite (or whatever it's called!)

Bit of a bummer really after going to the expense of getting new ones :(

Edit - are the new wheels smaller diameter? 18's vs 19's?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

did you not sell the milanos?

Nope, one is slightly curbed.

:(

But i wanted to go to 18's any way, However i did have a buyer which really f***ed me off, sods law ante it!.. I take the car off road from december to april to avoid snow and road sault, first day on the road the car gets coverd in sault, second day it snows my rear end comes out and i get meatspinned into a curb, it still hurts when i think of it :(

If they're still produced wouldn't you be best off ordering a single wheel to replaced the b*ggered one? The Milano's do look rather nice on the car :)

Come again?

Like get a single wheel to replace the buggerd then sell them all? or sell them as singles? I wanted 18s and the milanos are 19s only.

Lew.

Come again?

Like get a single wheel to replace the buggerd then sell them all? or sell them as singles? I wanted 18s and the milanos are 19s only.

Lew.

Ah I see your point now!

If you're after 18's then you might as well stick to what you have provided they are the correct size and offset. They still look good IMO so no point swapping out for another set of 18's.

The 19's 'look' better so that probably has a lot to do with the opinions in the thread. 19's nearly always look superb on a supra but don't do the handling much good, so fully understand you changing them for 18's.

well worth getting the new rims just to sort the handling imo i love the milanos but would never run them. i like the style of the new wheels but i think the colour clashes with you motor that would be my only issue with them. i think in a hyper black(dark silver )they would suit real good and handle which is the purpose of a super car is it not?

My thoughts exsactly, I might even try get the centers painted the same colour as the axis milanos.

At the moment the car feels like it is stuck in a constant drift, the top wish bone is twisted... I find out the other damage tomorrow :(

Lew.