The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra or rx8 or other

formatzero

I've owned a few "fast" Hondas and 3 Supras and love both - currently have a 95 Prelude VTEC and a 95 J-spec Supra TT, so that's obvious I guess! Both still feel tight and bomb proof...fingers crossed!

RX-7 would be too scary cost-wise if things start to go wrong (which I'm lead to believe they do/will!). Also think they look a bit, um, weak I guess nowadays compared to the Supes.

Test drove a 231bhp RX-8 just last week actually and, while being a "nice" car, just didn't feel all that special. Power delivery was weird too - constant delivery, but no adrenaline rush type feeling like you get when a turbo/VTEC kicks in.

So I'd go for the ITR (though I was slightly disappointed when I test drove a DC2 a few years back) or the Supra but, if you want something that little bit special for attention etc. would have to be the Supra!

As already mentioned by others, try them all if you can...

RX8 - ugly Nope, is not.

Audi TT - Girls car I couldn't agree more!

Type R - zzzzzzzz In the past I had a modified Integra Type R - that car compared with my both non turbo Supras was much quicker and better to drive on B roads.

Supra - better than a posh w*nk LOL. Do you really think so?

Soops look good and despite their age are incredibly well built. I must agree with you again.

HTH

Roy

:)

Guest DevilsAdvocate
:)

I go in to the garage and look at Ermintrude, she was fast in her day (1975),and still looks good. It's not about performance figures, it's about how you feel about your motor. OK Jap cars and bikes lack that 'personality' with a few exeptions, the Supra being one. So go into your garage and tell your Soop how much you love her/him.

Roy

I go in to the garage and look at Ermintrude, she was fast in her day (1975),and still looks good. It's not about performance figures, it's about how you feel about your motor. OK Jap cars and bikes lack that 'personality' with a few exeptions, the Supra being one. So go into your garage and tell your Soop how much you love her/him.

Roy

Yes, I know what you mean.

I can't do this (please see my signature). :cry:

I am biased but none of the other cars you have mentioned are what I would class as either classics or future classics!

A nice tidy Supra will turn heads like few other cars for the money. If you have 12k to spend then you could get yourself one hell of a Supe. Also the reason you can pick up an RX8 for such little money is that they depreciate like a falling stone and for a relativelyt new car, the fuel economy is shocking!

H.

I am biased but none of the other cars you have mentioned are what I would class as either classics or future classics!

Seriously?

The ITR was only voted the world's best handling FWD car by EVO magazine.

[/Honda Blonkers]

I got a lot more info than i expected with the rx8/sup question,fantastic responses.I have now tested a rx8 231 and it's pretty quick and handles great,brakes are also deadly(good that is).heavy on fuel 17mpg,but we dont buy a sports car for economy.In my youth i had capri,dolly sprint and manta, mini cooper so i guess i'm reliving my youth.Todd diesels are for farmers My last car was 406 coupe which i never tired of looking at but rust got her:(

RX8 - ugly

Audi TT - Girls car

Type R - zzzzzzzz

Supra - better than a posh w*nk

Soops look good and despite their age are incredibly well built.

Not sure what a posh w*nk is but apart from that . . .

:yeahthat:

RX8 are horrible -and let's face it, you only ever see middle aged women driving them.

Audi TT - surely no comment needed, is there? They were cool for about 5mins and then every estate agent in the country had one.

I'd rather drive a hairdresser's car than one that people mistake me for an estate agent in.

Civic Type R - good cars for a hot hatch. At the end of the day it's still just a hatchback; a kevved up regular car.

I've "been there, done that" with Supras ; Manuals, Autos, Tiptronics, TTs, Single Turbos. (No aerotops of course; I'm hetrosexual :D) but I don't really know what else there is to compete with a Supra for >30K

I'm driving a low mileage 53 plate M3 at the moment but the performance is dull compared to a BPU Supra 'worth' half the money at current prices. OK, it's a nicer drive in some ways but it certainly doesn't have the "OMG IT'S FAST" factor when you put your foot down.

Apart from another Supra I'm hard pushed to think of another car to buy next.

In near desperation I'm tempted to try two cars I always eschewed before : the RX7 or R34 but neither really floats my boat. I can see me ending up with another Supra at this rate - what else is there unless you want to spend 997 or CSL money?

I've even offered to swap my new M3 for my old VVTi Single Supe - but the new owner told me where to go.

I have been called a tuechter:eyebrows:i know what you mean about fuel costs,diesel here is £1.18 and unleaded £1.10 :Pling:Another motor has been suggested,a 350z but dont think a good one is gettable at £12k.

350Z is a great car, if you don't mind French engines:innocent:

but i would still say Supra has the edge, even if the 350 is more chuckable.