The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Argh Tyres down to wire!

Firestorm

that looks brilliant.! and for £300 thats good!?

if thats £300 how much is a geometery check then

Chemix LINK are very good and charge between £60 - 70 for full geometry setup (more if you've got siezed or broken bits), but i would get your ride height sorted out first.

Was that a plug.. i think it was.

the roads around Cheltenham are just shoddy!!i have really notices that much in steering.. apart from the obviours tramlining you get with 18s... i think im gonna have to go the tyre place a bite the bullet get some more.. worth getting the same as before ?

I am shameless :) YTou should try the roads round Hereford if you want shoddy :) Too many tractors and all the associated rubbish and soil they throw on the roads

I did tell you to put some air in those tires at the Barn Owl you muppet, twice! :p

Chemix LINK are very good and charge between £60 - 70 for full geometry setup (more if you've got siezed or broken bits), but i would get your ride height sorted out first.

:yeahthat: The last set of settings I have been using for six months have given me nice even tyre wear across the fronts and the back. They have stored them on there system for me too, nice guys down there :)

As for tyres I like the Bridgestone Potenza RE050a (Non run flat). Had them on my stock 17" at 36 psi, and now on my 18" TTE's at 34 psi.

I did tell you to put some air in those tires at the Barn Owl you muppet, twice! :p

:yeahthat: The last set of settings I have been using for six months have given me nice even tyre wear across the fronts and the back. They have stored them on there system for me too, nice guys down there :)

As for tyres I like the Bridgestone Potenza RE050a (Non run flat). Had them on my stock 17" at 36 psi, and now on my 18" TTE's at 34 psi.

YES YES I KNOW!! lol!

but look whats done is done- i went in my lunch hour to the good folks at Pro Tyre and ive got them changed. didnt have time to ahve the geometery done so gonna do that on Sat i think.. they gonna do the whole camber and everything. Ride is higher now iver got some freaking tread! luckily my other car is being sold so i can take some cash money frm that and get some super streets and have the ride height higher. it will all be good in the end... it was nice to see under my car and see my discs/pads and suspension for once tho (Bilstein)

I have toyo proxes T1R's, nice and sticky, even in the wet ;)

sounds like you could be toe-ing out too. Bit pointless getting new tyres put on until your geometry corrected otherwise you'll wreck those too IMO

Keep an eye on your tyre pressure. As Ian says, 34-36 psi is what most of us run our supra's on. If they were really flat it could have been a faulty valve.

Linda

I have toyo proxes T1R's, nice and sticky, even in the wet ;)

sounds like you could be toe-ing out too. Bit pointless getting new tyres put on until your geometry corrected otherwise you'll wreck those too IMO

Keep an eye on your tyre pressure. As Ian says, 34-36 psi is what most of us run our supra's on. If they were really flat it could have been a faulty valve.

Linda

thanks dudes!

having the geometry done on sat. had to get tyres today cos i was sooooo illegal! but i got some mid-range ones made by continental so they will last til i sort the problem. paid £185 all in for both fronts. got them to put 35 psi in the tyres on you's guys recommendation... but yes majorly advised to have that all sorted! i guess i learnt the hardway but i will forever be checking the tyres now :D

but they let me have look at what was goin ion with suspension and brakes so that will need changing soon. and did get to look under the car make sure all was okay. seemed fine but i really think i need to re fit the fmic the pipes seem to be touch other stuff? and could cause rubbing.. anyone else get that or is it a clear path wuith no touching? ps. Blitz fmic

thanks dudes!

having the geometry done on sat. had to get tyres today cos i was sooooo illegal! but i got some mid-range ones made by continental so they will last til i sort the problem. paid £185 all in for both fronts. got them to put 35 psi in the tyres on you's guys recommendation... but yes majorly advised to have that all sorted! i guess i learnt the hardway but i will forever be checking the tyres now :D

but they let me have look at what was goin ion with suspension and brakes so that will need changing soon. and did get to look under the car make sure all was okay. seemed fine but i really think i need to re fit the fmic the pipes seem to be touch other stuff? and could cause rubbing.. anyone else get that or is it a clear path wuith no touching? ps. Blitz fmic

oooo could have saved your self £100 if you had mine...good choice though..

sounds like you could be toe-ing out too.

My Supra was toeing out by less than 0.5 degrees on the front left and it created a vibration as bad as a reasonable wheel imbalance :blink: I was pretty surprised that such a small difference would affect it so badly.

I was charged £35 for a full-geo setup from Supertracker in Southampton because I paid cash and he didn't have to adjust too much ;)