The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spraying Dash

fri3ndly

What colour shall I spray the dash?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What colour shall I spray the dash?

• Arden Blue
    • Toyota Silver No. 2
    • Neither - See my suggestion

I reckon your photoshop with just part of the dash blue looks pretty good, its unique too :) why not buy a second dash piece and spray that blue and if your not keen then spray your original one silver. I'm sure a scrappy will have one for cheap money.

Oh dont! Lol

I am now thinking blue will be better as there are no other silver parts in the interior or on the exterior for that matter.

I have bright blue tailored car mats (on their way) and dyed black carpet. I am thinking the blue dash would bring out the cream colour of the seats more...

I hate these kind of decisions. I think I will spray it blue first and if I dont like it go silver.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im going to do one part at a time. thinking about the auto surround first to get my technique up then be brave and do the rest of the surround a week later.

im up to speed with taking the dash out but how do you get the fans and switches out or do you mask them up?

im going to do one part at a time. thinking about the auto surround first to get my technique up then be brave and do the rest of the surround a week later.

im up to speed with taking the dash out but how do you get the fans and switches out or do you mask them up?

The round vents just unclip from behind, just use a flat headed screw driver to easy the clips off. Other parts unscrew from behind, an easy DIY job to do.

that looks tasty. what colour is it and where did you get it from please

Its a silver grey metallic with a little dark blue added, and covered in matt lacquer. I got my local body shop to mix it for me to match the gaps in my Lexus wheels.

They did all the work for me, which only cost £60 over all, which wasn't bad at all IMO.

im in the process of gettin my dash resprayed again as the current colour

looks well tack me thinks :( (previous owner)

@ Andrew - that colour u used mate is well sweet was just going to pm asking you

about the colour . Can you get some made up or even get the paint codes

that you used ? Cheers

Iv been umming and ahrring and cant decide what colour to spray my dash.

I have Arden Blue like my car colour and Toyota Silver No.2

What colour should I spray it?

I am sure Silver would look better but something is yelling out BLUE!

If you are under 25 and go clubbing choose blue. otherwise see next option.

If you are 25 - 35 choose the other color.

If you are 35 - 45 choose silver.

Over 45? (I doubt you are) consider a car change. ;)