The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spraying Dash

fri3ndly

What colour shall I spray the dash?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What colour shall I spray the dash?

• Arden Blue
    • Toyota Silver No. 2
    • Neither - See my suggestion

Or even storm grey:d:d...looking nice Andrew:)

Cheeky! :D I quoted it straight from SupraForums, so I was aware of the 'wrong' spelling, but its not possible to educate everyone ;)

Thanks for the compliment. It really is a great colour, if its possible to get in a can. :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do a search on google for flocking, its what they have on rally cars does look really nice. Sprayed in a nice suttle colour will look good too though. start off with a course paper and finish it off with 1200 but make sure you spend a long long time sanding it down until it is perfectly smooth so you cant see any marks on at all. Clean it all down with soapy water let it dry and prime it all, keep sanding the primer down with 1200 untill it is a smooth as glass after a few coats spray away. It will come out amazing if all the prep work is done properly. Is the paint metalic?

Blue looks awful. Andrew which garage did you use?

I had it done at Alan Crompton's body shop in Hammonds Drive. Just off Lottbridge Drove. I think they did a great job, and it looks identical to that 'Storm Gray' as mentioned earlier (bluey/grey metallic). :)