The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My car's gone :(

Jake

I think an M3 is going to be hard to beat as an all rounder. Yeah there are cars better in specific aspects but as a package I'd take it in a heartbeat (even taking into a account the bad rep BMW's drivers get).

I guess the whole Jap thing has lost it's appeal, R34's may drop to a reasonable level shortly?

Apart from that, if you can stand the left hooker, Vette is a candidate, other than that a Lotus Esprit or a Cerbera is something I would love to own (although neither of them are everyday cars), for that, IMHO if you want power & reliability you'll have to turn to the Germans.

Interesting. What kind of rumours?

I think you might be right, certainly all the ones I've seen are SMG.

Doesn't bother me either way really, I quite like autos and fancy trying a SMG for a while.

Jake,

I to was thinking of swapping the soop for an E46 M3 when i looked in to it i found this on the what car site when i read the reviews there was a few that reported violent gear changes with the SMG.

It might be of some use to you Jake.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-review-readers.aspx?RT=2216

Cheers Chris

Not necessarily, I'm open to suggestions.

It's a good point Rob. I've been driving Supras for 5 years now though - I guess I'm just a bit bored of them at the moment.

Hmm well I have a great solution for that then. Borrow my crappy assed volvo estate for a couple of months then get back in your supra. It'll seem like a whole new experience again :)

Have you ever considered any of the sports 4wd rally style offerings for a break from the norm? The EVO's seem to hold their value quite well at the minute so you wouldn't lose a load whilst making your mind up.

You getting old enough to buy a laid back executive amg sort saloon and cruise in ultimate style and comfort?

I sold my single soop and have had my e46 m3 for 4 months. It is a brilliant all rounder and is also quite impressive on track.

It may not be the fastest in a straight line but is a well handling car and can make up time through the twisties.

I get around 18-20 mpg around town if driven easy and about 29-30 mpg on long runs.

Practicle,safe and well built. I did test drive a few before i bought mine and power did not feel the same in all of them and seem to vary quite a bit.

I find higher mileage ones feel quicker and torquier than low mileage ones.

Remember colour and spec is very important when u come to sell. Red/kiwi/tan leather is desirable with silver or carbon black out of the standard colours.

Smg were known as problems on earlier cars but think its sorted on later smg2 versions. I personally went for the 6 speed manual as there is less to go wrong and prefer a stick anyway.

If u want max performance go for the most basic spec car or fully loaded if u dont mind the extra weight as mods and bhp means big $$$.

I find higher mileage ones feel quicker and torquier than low mileage ones.

Remember colour and spec is very important when u come to sell. Red/kiwi/tan leather is desirable with silver or carbon black out of the standard colours.

Really? I find some of that quite surprising.

You don't happen to have a high mileage Silver one with coloured leather by any chance, do you?

:D

It's a good point Rob. I've been driving Supras for 5 years now though - I guess I'm just a bit bored of them at the moment.

I totally understand Jake where your coming from i'm also at the 5 year mark and i've gone over this one again and again! The problem is I think i've now been spoiled with the supra as i cant seem to find anything else for under the 20k mark that is a fast, reliable and feels so complete as a entertaining drive.

I must say though i was very tempted by this:

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/PORSCHE+911/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146,N-4294967042-4294967213/advert.action?R=200810305134728&distance=15&postcode=pr76fu&channel=CARS&make=PORSCHE&model=911&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=

Its just down the road from me and i've seen it about :cool:

what about an evo 9gt

Good fun for a bit but i think it will wind you up.

M5 is a great car, i loved the one i had and would have another, as said though they are a tad juicy, if you are doing motorway miles to work and back they are not to bad, when i went to france i was getting 26mpg and still not hanging around, rest of the time i was averaging 18mpg.

The Monaro is a great car to drive and even better with the supercharger fitted, if you want a go you are more than welcome and its not to bad on fuel, i average about 18mpg in it.

is a well handling car and can make up time through the twisties.

Ah yes, the hallowed 'twisties', the place where low powered cars beat all high powered ones :p

Only kidding mate, but used to make me laugh years ago when I used to frequent scoobynet. Everytime someone appeared with a car faster than a 'scooby' everyone claimed 'yeah but we'd get him in the 'twisties''. Yeah yeah :D