The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dropped the car off at AFR today...

2JG

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope Gaz doesn't see this post, I've left the pictures of his car in the workshop :eek::D

Anyway, fired up Jeff's TT this evening and it runs :) Got a little engine dress to do in the morning, fit a boost controller and boost gauge and then Jeff can have her back :)

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3516/12feb2008001smallyl6.jpg

Jeff has a new Apexi intake on its way but hadn't arrived in time for us to fit it.

I will post some proper pics tomorrow though when it's finished, along with some of Gaz's car :D

Oh cack . You've done too good a job Matt. :(;)

:p

Christ alive that didn't take long...... It takes you two days to change an engine and it takes my local garage 2 days to do a service.. hmmm go figure :S

Nice work fella, just out of curiosity how much does a TT conversion cost ?!

I'm not 100% sure what the final bill is yet, not sure if there were any extra bits Matt had to do/replace.

I think a conversion can be done for £3k-£3.5k. (this would include the engine and all required parts and labour)

I supplied Matt with the donor car and most of the parts, so all I have left to pay is labour and any aditional parts required.(I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong :D)

:blink: don,t forget mines the blue one:D

Don't worry Gaz, I'll check it's still there in the morning :D

It's been a long time comming eh Jeff ? Just make sure you give it a clean every now and then :D

Too long Mark! How long ago did I buy the engine!?

Well Matt's taken care of the engine bay so I reckon it's another couple of years before I need to run a cloth underneath the bonnet :D

full bpu too :D i cant wait to bpu mine in the summer. do you ever go to any of the meets down in brighton?

I go to most of the club ones, never really hear about any others until it's too late.

Do you mean the meets down at Madeira(sp) Drive?

I supplied Matt with the donor car and most of the parts, so all I have left to pay is labour and any aditional parts required.(I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong :D)

Exactly right, it will have taken us just over three days to remove the TT engine and loom from the donor car, remove Jeff's NA engine and loom and then fit the TT into Jeff's car. Plus we have fitted the Koyo rad, FMIC, Walbro, double decat and restrictor ring, boost guage and boost controller. Plus the new car has had an oil change, new plugs, coolant etc :)

I think next time we do this I will have the car in for a week though ! Doesn't take a full week, but would be nice to have the car a little longer.

Little update but cant stop as I'm going back on the dyno to finish setting up the boost controller.

The problem I was having with the ABS was a wiring issue, and a BIG thanks to Jezzy who helped me on this one - thanks mate, I owe you one ;) I will also update Miko's excellent NA-TT thread later.

The power steering pump was also knackered but we've got another and that is on.

So, I have called Jeff to tell him all is done and he is picking the car up tomorrow. The car just made a very respectable figure on the dyno at .85bar, we'll configure the BC to 1.0bar and all will be done :)

But I'll let Jeff post the figures and dyno prints tomorrow ;)