The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got crashed into from behind - anything to look out for?

salvatore

f***********kin HELL - its amazing how a thread can go from leaving the office to getting home.

If you read my post i said "you should claim for whiplash" - i didnt say "(even if you haven't got it) sue for whiplash"

I'm not some fraudster and people making out i am is bl00dy annoying to say the least.

i was merely pointing out (as per my 2nd post) that when you get hit from behind, you are probably likely to have it (as has been confirmed later on), therefore you're entitled to get compensation for your inuries. My best mate got smashed from behind and hurt his neck and couldn't work for a while, and yes he did claim and got £2k which is the reason i offered my thoughts - seems like a waste of time now mind.

I cant whats wrong with that to be honest :search:

anyway, back on topic, i hope you get yourself sorted soon fella.

A dose of morality? Ethics? Total disregard for honesty? Do you have a diary full of numbers for the likes of Fentons LLC? If one thing bugs me about this forum it's the compo culture that seems to arise from any minor bump. I suppose the TV and the USA are partly to blame, but surely things aren't SO bad that earnings need boosting by fraudulent claims at every minor hiccup in life? :)

Agreed :(

WTF - how can the US be to blame? Have I done something to encourage people to be dishonest? I have Sky rather than American cable and I have never seen so many "I was walking through a lobby and it was wet. I slipped and banged my knee. The pain was aweful. I saw a "insert BS title here" claims adjuster and they helped me. I received a check for 3000 £ and it really helped" commercials in my life. The only time I ever saw that kind of crap when I lived in the states was on the late nite channels that only show B movies. I know there are a lot of 'blood sucking lawyers' in the U.S., but to blame a country for a cultural trend promulgated by your TV programming? Sorry, but a bit bias.

Chris, while I value your opinion when it comes to all things automotive, I'm gonna have to say that wasn't right.

CJ - Well... I would expect it from you.

*waits for the spears*

Maybe I need a little help at the next meet. I'm dying to know why the U.S. is to blame for everything bad. Everybody has a choice.

Edit - Sorry for the hijack.

Salvatore, I hope you are ok first and foremost. I'm dealing with almost daily neck and back pain from an injury 2 years ago. If you have any pain, please get properly checked out. As for your Supra, I hope it's back on the road nice and pretty the way it should be soon.

A dose of morality? Ethics? Total disregard for honesty? Do you have a diary full of numbers for the likes of Fentons LLC? If one thing bugs me about this forum it's the compo culture that seems to arise from any minor bump. I suppose the TV and the USA are partly to blame, but surely things aren't SO bad that earnings need boosting by fraudulent claims at every minor hiccup in life? :)

Oh come on Chris. It's hardly a compo culture... The claim against the driver would be that of negligence and to claim you would not even need to have whiplash. There is many things to consider including time taken to repair the car, loss of earnings etc etc. I would also point out that if a doctor identifies whiplash then you have a professional opinion so you are not faking or committing fraud (the doctor isn’t stupid and won’t lie for you).

Are you telling me that following an accident that you would not seek compensation?

WTF - how can the US be to blame? Have I done something to encourage people to be dishonest?

I think people often say it and don’t understand what they mean. Its not American TV etc but legally, a large amount of American themed legislation has started being adopted in the UK. The introduction of the CPR etc have made it easier for people to sue one another. I personally see it as a good thing as it has also made the law a lot easier to understand.

I agree with Chris' sentiment.

We've seen it on here plenty of times before. Some one has crash, first post afterwards is "claim for whiplash" comment. Surely we've all seen (and know) people that have done this. People playing the system likes this makes my blood boil too.

Accidents happen - for the first thing someone to think is "how much money can I get out of this?" is just wrong.

Same goes for benefit fraud and all the other underhand things people do to rob the tax payer.

Accidents happen - for the first thing someone to think is "how much money can I get out of this?" is just wrong.

Same goes for benefit fraud and all the other underhand things people do to rob the tax payer.

How do you compare benefit FRAUD to claiming for injuries suffered?

- Fraud is a crime, claiming against someone for negligence is a civil action and is utterly different in so many ways.

How do you compare benefit FRAUD to claiming for injuries suffered?

- Fraud is a crime, claiming against someone for negligence is a civil action and is utterly different in so many ways.

I don't think the complaint is against those who have genuine claims for injury/loss of earnings/etc.

The problem is those who claim for injury, then spend the money on TVs rather than on the medical care that they supposedly need.

Or those that put their feet up and claim loss of earnings when they are still 100% capable of working.

oooookay then....;) I'm fine guys! The neck pain was minimal and it's completey gone now - luckily i'm well put together! Again, thanks to all for their input and support. Like i said before, i'm not sueing anyone, it was an accident, plain and simple. I appreciate the advice people have given me regarding things to look out for, so that's why i'm getting the job done at the bodyshop that did the initial respray from silver to a beautifle lotus azure blue (Auto Bodytech in Nailsworth Glos, if anyone's interested). They were very helpful in all aspects, as i left the car with them for the repray for 4 months whilst i was away at sea - regular email updates etc - all very good service. I've asked them to check all alignments as well, so no probs there. Just waiting now for my insurers to agree with the claim amounts:stickpoke If anything, that'll be what makes me !!!

Cheers again:)

So what the f*ck did you claim for the money for?

like i said along time ago the german legal system is bad, they do something called pain money :rolleyes: so the longer i am in physio the more money i get, if that makes sence, i am still in lots of pain some days but this is going to be a long turm thing i have to deal with, i could lose my job or have to re-trade, if i had of been in the UK then things would of been very different, and really this is still early for a crash it could be ages before ive got any strength in my neck/back, i have good days and bad days and there seems to be alot of nerve damage in my back, so how long this goes on for i dont know, my balls are hairy not cystal

Fair play, mate - if you genuinely feel that your life has been impaired in such a way that is offset by the claim money then I don't have a problem.

I just have issues with people who claim for more remuneration than they kniw they really need/deserve (which is why I was somewhat affronted by the TV comment, I'm sure you'll understand).

Anyways - long-term neck/back injuries can be a real b*tch. Mine, unfortunately (being from playing American Football) are considered pretty much self-inflicted (by me included)! Hope yours improve soon, mate.

Oh - and glad to hear you're feeling okay too, Salvatore!

Fair play, mate - if you genuinely feel that your life has been impaired in such a way that is offset by the claim money then I don't have a problem.

I just have issues with people who claim for more remuneration than they kniw they really need/deserve (which is why I was somewhat affronted by the TV comment, I'm sure you'll understand).

Anyways - long-term neck/back injuries can be a real b*tch. Mine, unfortunately (being from playing American Football) are considered pretty much self-inflicted (by me included)! Hope yours improve soon, mate.

Oh - and glad to hear you're feeling okay too, Salvatore!

Just to clarify though, when you sue someone for crashing you, the money you get is damages. You don't have to spend it on medical treatment and the courts don't expect you to.