The mkiv Supra Owners Club

advice on nitrous kit for my na :)

supra-lover

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jezz has 15 na engine sitting there at his gaff, if it blows i won't be short of a motor me thinks lol

Yea but then you'll have to take you car to him anyway to do the engine swap, so you might as well just take it there while its running for the TT engine change, rather than getting it flat bedded there for another n/a.

Go for it, put TT in, after going out in miko's im gonna :eyebrows:

i had nos on my last car. a calibra v6 with upgraded internals.

it last aas long as you want it to. it depends on whether you want it dumping in in ts entirity or in stages.

a full 11lb bottle can last 10 sessions using maybe 5 times inthe one session.

refills average about £5 per lb but that doesnt botther you.

if you are going to do it i suggest a progressive controller is a must. this means you can effectivley control the amount of nos you are using.

60hp is not worth the hassle really you wont feel that much.

i had a 75 shot running and you felt that but i would get a 100 shot and use it progressively that way you are equallying the tt spec albeit for a limited time but it certainly kicks you in the ar*e.

anything else fell free to ask.

60hp is not worth the hassle really you wont feel that much.

i had a 75 shot running and you felt that but i would get a 100 shot and use it progressively that way you are equallying the tt spec albeit for a limited time but it certainly kicks you in the ar*e.

Hang on, you cant feel a 60 shot but you can 75 :blink:

Nitrous is only useful at the drag strip in my opinion. You can gain a lot of time (which is the point of drag racing) by having it fitted, Rays the roof gained 2 seconds on his time.

For the road it is a waste as depending on bottle size you would go through it very quickly. Listen to the advice thats been offered

for your info, i ran a wizard nitrous system on my lexus IS300 (2jz ge) for over a year with no problems, had a 75shot with progressive controller, along with a throttle position sensor to only activate the nos at WOT.

have a read on my web http://fargosys.com/html/nitrous_project.HTM

quality how much did that little lot cost mate??

A 100Shot of Nitrous should be fine on an N/A with a progressive controller. At the end of the day, loads of people have Turbo`d N/As and they get 300 to 400BHP without modding other parts of the car.

If the Nos boost comes in progressivly it should be fine. Rays the roof has a hundred shot on his N/A (dry kit though ) and his 1/4 mile was 13.7 which is better than a lot of TTs at the same power.

I was quoted 1.5K for a full wet install with digital progressive controller and set up via the throttle pedal which seems much more expensive than many of the prices quoted earlier in the thread.

I was informed that it was road legal though, so finding out its not is a shock.

Go on be different !!

A 100Shot of Nitrous should be fine on an N/A with a progressive controller. At the end of the day, loads of people have Turbo`d N/As and they get 300 to 400BHP without modding other parts of the car.

If the Nos boost comes in progressivly it should be fine. Rays the roof has a hundred shot on his N/A (dry kit though ) and his 1/4 mile was 13.7 which is better than a lot of TTs at the same power.

I was quoted 1.5K for a full wet install with digital progressive controller and set up via the throttle pedal which seems much more expensive than many of the prices quoted earlier in the thread.

I was informed that it was road legal though, so finding out its not is a shock.

Go on be different !!

quality. yeah i'm gonna do it :) i like the idear of having the extra power when I want it without the petrol bill of a TT :) not that it really worrys me tbh, mind is made up now NOS ON LOL