The mkiv Supra Owners Club

advice on nitrous kit for my na :)

supra-lover

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had it on my NA and trust me on this it was a huge let down. The full bottle was gone in about 15 minutes of driving but I hadn't fitted the progressive controller at that point. It does little or nothing out of the cars power band, I think actually without the progressive it was overfuelling and losing power at lower rpm. When I was looking for insurance I was told it wasn't legal to use or even have connected on the road. I couldn't find any insurance company to cover me post fitting other than adrian flux and then only if it was left physically disconnected. I'd check with your insurers first before even bothering. Then again I wouldn't actually bother.

I had it on my NA and trust me on this it was a huge let down. The full bottle was gone in about 15 minutes of driving but I hadn't fitted the progressive controller at that point. It does little or nothing out of the cars power band, I think actually without the progressive it was overfuelling and losing power at lower rpm. When I was looking for insurance I was told it wasn't legal to use or even have connected on the road. I couldn't find any insurance company to cover me post fitting other than adrian flux and then only if it was left physically disconnected. I'd check with your insurers first before even bothering. Then again I wouldn't actually bother.

i'm getting very mixed views about this, some people i have spoke to said it's bloody excellent and others say it not hhhmmm

i'm getting very mixed views about this, some people i have spoke to said it's bloody excellent and others say it not hhhmmm

Listen to the guys that have owned NA/NOS cars and also owned BPU/further modified supra's, they're the ones who can provie 1st hand info so are best placed to give an opinion. DB especially.

I've only ever driven one NA with a 75shot progressive nos and it was quite disapointing. The power delivery at the lower end was the same as normal NA, but it did give a decent punch when it was at peak power. However, it still wasn't the same as a TT, and absolutely no where near BPU levels.

I think the main reason some people like it is the big difference in power over the normal NA and therefore feels like a big hike. In reality it's not that much when compared to a stock TT.

Save your cash for 'real' power.

Listen to the guys that have owned NA/NOS cars and also owned BPU/further modified supra's, they're the ones who can provie 1st hand info so are best placed to give an opinion. DB especially.

I've only ever driven one NA with a 75shot progressive nos and it was quite disapointing. The power delivery at the lower end was the same as normal NA, but it did give a decent punch when it was at peak power. However, it still wasn't the same as a TT, and absolutely no where near BPU levels.

I think the main reason some people like it is the big difference in power over the normal NA and therefore feels like a big hike. In reality it's not that much when compared to a stock TT.

Save your cash for 'real' power.

i re insured my car tonight £800 full comp, went out for a drive as it's been sitting on my drive for nearly a month now, started on the button and i really loved how she drove,got out with a big smile on me boat race, i might just spend the money on looks and get a TT lump at a later date...

Why do I always see the answer 'get a TT supra' 'get a TT transplant' ??? Maybe people with these ideas don't want to spend that kind of money, have better things to buy like a property or they can't afford it it full stop! I sure can't get a TT lump at this rate paying the bills I am! Easier saying get a TT than done :tongue:

Why do I always see the answer 'get a TT supra' 'get a TT transplant' ??? Maybe people with these ideas don't want to spend that kind of money, have better things to buy like a property or they can't afford it it full stop! I sure can't get a TT lump at this rate paying the bills I am! Easier saying get a TT than done :tongue:

Maybe it's best to not modify it at all then? :search: £1k for NOS, plus the massive refil costs, or £3k for the TT conversion, it's a no brainer really.

Ah now I'll disagree with that myth. If done correctly there is no reason why you should cook the engine at all. Fit an EGT and AFR gauge and you should never get a problem. I still don't think its worth the hassle though. To the chap saying that its all well and good saying swap for a TT, yeah I agree with that point but the guy has said he has £3k set aside for the transplant but would spend that money on a NOS setup instead. In this instance I think its craziness.

Stick the TT engine in. Seriously, you'd not only have more power on tap on a permanent basis (honestly, imagine having a blast against another car and you run out of gas. Oh the shame!) but you'd also have a base to start even more power gains.

Think about it. NA to TT then BPU then maybe a single. All because you've put the building blocks in place in the correct order.

Do it.

Stick the TT engine in. Seriously, you'd not only have more power on tap on a permanent basis (honestly, imagine having a blast against another car and you run out of gas. Oh the shame!) but you'd also have a base to start even more power gains.

Think about it. NA to TT then BPU then maybe a single. All because you've put the building blocks in place in the correct order.

Do it.

yes running out would be crap, i need 3.5k so 500 sheets needed :) for the ttengine

yes running out would be crap, i need 3.5k so 500 sheets needed :) for the ttengine

Taking my car out of the picture, I really think you would be wise to invest in a TT outright, if you are willing to spend £3-3.5K now on a TT lump you would be able to get a nice TT auto or even a TT6 if you shop around with yours as PX or sold for £3K, you will then have the real deal and non of the hassles of loosing the car for the work and having to explain when you sell on the reasons for the engine change etc

Look at the weather outside today, I have just taken mine for a clean and a little blast, bring on the summer :)

Taking my car out of the picture, I really think you would be wise to invest in a TT outright, if you are willing to spend £3-3.5K now on a TT lump you would be able to get a nice TT auto or even a TT6 if you shop around with yours as PX or sold for £3K, you will then have the real deal and non of the hassles of loosing the car for the work and having to explain when you sell on the reasons for the engine change etc

Look at the weather outside today, I have just taken mine for a clean and a little blast, bring on the summer :)

i did love your tt 6 nice car, i just like silver ones thats all, you still got it mate?