The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another Noob

Guest Laura_g

How much driving experience do you have, especially of big, rear wheel drive cars?

If the answer is little or non, I would definitely recommend getting a non-turbo Supra to start with. Even the non-turbo with it's 3L engine, can be quite a hand full if you have no experience of rear wheel drive cars, especially so in the wet.

See if you can get a ride in one first, perhaps see if there is a local club meet you can go along to, I'm sure there'd be a queue of guys more than happy to oblige ;)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Laura_g
How much driving experience do you have, especially of big, rear wheel drive cars?

If the answer is little or non, I would definitely recommend getting a non-turbo Supra to start with. Even the non-turbo with it's 3L engine, can be quite a hand full if you have no experience of rear wheel drive cars, especially so in the wet.

See if you can get a ride in one first, perhaps see if there is a local club meet you can go along to, I'm sure there'd be a queue of guys more than happy to oblige ;)

no experience at all only had little cars before might juist wait until iv earnt a couple of ncb's before hand then

no experience at all only had little cars before might juist wait until iv earnt a couple of ncb's before hand then

There is a big difference between driving a small front wheel drive Clio and a big 3L rear wheel drive Supra. I don't want to put you off buying one, because they are great cars, but I would recommend getting a go in one first to make sure it is what you want.

There are a lot of guys on here who have graduated from MR2's, being smaller they are a good way of learning to drive a rear wheel drive car (albeit with the engine in the wrong end :) ).

Guest Laura_g
There is a big difference between driving a small front wheel drive Clio and a big 3L rear wheel drive Supra. I don't want to put you off buying one, because they are great cars, but I would recommend getting a go in one first to make sure it is what you want.

great ok will do, thanks for all your help guys x

Guest Laura_g
I'd phone around and get some quotes if I were you. Sky might just laugh but it's worth checking. I tried getting my ex on my policy and they wouldn't touch her cos she'd only just passed her test. she was 24 though...

Their Number is 08701121759

great thanks will give it a shot and let ya know ;)

Welcome to the club, and good luck. I do think it would be a good idea to hold off on a Supra until you have at least a couple of years NCB, then you'd enjoy it more :)

My first car was a Hyundai Coupe, yes some may laugh but it looked pretty good at the time and is better than a little metro or something :) I got the 1.6 and insurance was just under a grand.

EDIT awww found a pic of her now I am nostalgic

diddycar.JPG

Guest Laura_g
Welcome to the club, and good luck. I do think it would be a good idea to hold off on a Supra until you have at least a couple of years NCB, then you'd enjoy it more :)

My first car was a Hyundai Coupe, yes some may laugh but it looked pretty good at the time and is better than a little metro or something :) I got the 1.6 and insurance was just under a grand.

thats a cracking first car tbh way better then a 1.1 saxo lol

Thats not bad for a first car, my first car was a 306 xsi.