• Saturday 24th May
    • I have no intention of attending but like voting in polls

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You should look at this thread as well then ;)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=137408

I am a little worried I wont have it ready in time as it will be a bit tight with finishing the build, running in and getting Ryan's busy time to do all the mapping, I have been watching this thread and its a real shame, I would really like to attend looks like it will be great fun, I was thinking of bringing the red one but I think that is sold as of today

I am a little worried I wont have it ready in time as it will be a bit tight with finishing the build, running in and getting Ryan's busy time to do all the mapping, I have been watching this thread and its a real shame, I would really like to attend looks like it will be great fun, I was thinking of bringing the red one but I think that is sold as of today

do your utmost mate this is going to be a great weekend, marham last year was great;)

I might be up for this, does it place too much pressure on the engine and turbos though, a lot of people seem to have problems when on RR's, I can't risk it if so. If not then :eyebrows:

Its very stressful on the car and the owner seeing your car at full chat, but its what we own them for right ?? :D

It does obviously stress the car a little bit, however Charlie is a good lad and a very competent dyno person and does keep an eye on all aspects. A few times he has pulled cars off because of possible issues. While it isn't a gaureentee or anything, it is a comfort factor :)

I might be up for this, does it place too much pressure on the engine and turbos though, a lot of people seem to have problems when on RR's, I can't risk it if so. If not then :eyebrows:

It places a similar amount of stress on the car as you'd get from a full 5th gear pull on the road, so yes it does put a fair amount of stress on the engine and drive train. However, it's a good chance to find out any weakneses in a safe enviroment, rather than on the road. I don't think we've ever had a major problem for stock cars on the dyno days, it tends to be mapping sessions on (major HP) new builds where things occasionally go wrong.

Edited to add: As Gav says, if any problem shows up (usually with AFR's) the run is aborted immediately

Do you reckon charlie will let me put the tadpole on the dyno? Little unsure, but we should be able to strap down the trike.

I'll ask him :D He's had all sorts of wierd stuff on there before, so provided it can be strapped it shouldn't be a problem, will let you know :)