The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are these injectors suitable?

Jake

Would these injectors be suitable for my '98 VVTi (Tiptronic)?

SARD 700CC INJECTOR FOR TOYOTA SUPRA 2JZ-GTE

The seller tells me

the injectors are side feed high impedance, twin hole
but from doing a quick search on the net I think they might not be.

I want to fit them to the standard fuel rail and control them with an eManage or similar. Any thoughts? Seems a good price doesn't it?

thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

63500 are top feed SRD 700cc low impedence

Yeah, that's what I found when I did a search on the net. However, like Dude said, maybe it's not a picture of the actual injectors.

I still need to know if these will work in a VVTi. Some of the ones I've seen on the web say they're only suitable for use with non VVTi engines. Do VVTi Supras need different injectors?

All the side feed injectors that fit a normal Jspec supe will go into a VVTi as long as they are hi-imp, although you could also use a resistor pack and also use UK/US. I have no 1st hand knowlege on the Sard injectors so I can't coment until I'm sure. At the end of the day you can pretty much use any injector you want as long as you have the Hardware to go with it ...ECU ect . But if you want these to be drop in and going by the pic then no these wont fit a VVTi unless you change the rail.

if you want these to be drop in and going by the pic then no these wont fit a VVTi unless you change the rail.

Why not, Mig? The VVTi has a different fuel rail to UK and J-Spec does it? What's the apparent difference in the fitment between these Sard ones and the PE ones that Terry/Alex use? (Apart from £300 :D)

Like I say I have no knowlege of the Sard ones. But going by the pic they look like top feed. If they are they WILL not fit. Jspec, Uk , VVTI rais are all the same and side feed. If these are side feed and he has got the pic wrong then you are on a winner.. :D Sorry also just read your quote saying they are side feed so if they are you will be fine :blink:

Oh I see! You were on about the top feed thing!

I'm currently going on the assumption that they are HighImp/SideFeed until he replies to my latest email. He definitely said they are High/Side ones.

I only want them if I don't have to change the rail or fit a resistor pack, that's just extra money for no beneft as far as I can tell. Or am I missing something?

(I realise I need something to control them, eManage etc)

With every over size injector you will need some sort of fuel control. Resistors packs just open up more choice if the size you want is not available in direct hi imp ie if you wanted to use Uk injectors or even go top feed. Most top feed will be low imp although there is a growing number of top feed hi imp injectors available now.

For reference On side feed they will be 4 part partitioned filtered input with a 4 point nozle. that gives you an idea ...I'm not pluggin at all but here is a pic to give you a ref point.

inj.JPG

On side feed they will be 4 part partitioned filtered input with a 4 point nozle. that gives you an idea ...I'm not pluggin at all but here is a pic to give you a ref pont.

4 part partitioned filtered input with a 4 point nozle.

Sorry mate, that means nothing to me :p The seller said these Sard ones are "twin hole", is that suitable?

Jake, I'll be interested in what reply you get as I'm looking for some replacement injectors too (probably will use e-manage to control them). I've asked Ritch to confirm exactly what it is he is selling and what they are suitable for.

Some time ago I asked Ritch some questions about an FMIC he had for sale and it turned out he gave me completely the wrong information (nearly lost out by £500+ as he said his was a 3-row FMIC - turned out it was one of the small "budget" 2-row intercoolers with non-polished pipe work and with none of the ancillary parts)

Be careful ;-)

I'm in the dark same as you on these until I make a call . But does he mean 2 point nozle as in the spray end? or on the input side. This can all affect the time it takes for fuel to get through an injector and the nozle can greatly affect the spary pattern. At the end of the day you want he best possible spray pattern on an injector as well as flow as you can get. I really cannot coment on these injectors As I have never used Sard appart from uprated service items like filters and the like. As far as I can tell they are a good products but cant say for sure on the injectors until I do a bit of diging and try for myself. I very much doubt it will be 2 port feed as the 4 post is sorta standard. It may will be 2 port nozle. The best way as far as i can tell is bite the bullet and try it will either work great or fry a lump.

Guest Usmann A
4 part partitioned filtered input with a 4 point nozle.

Jake,I dont know if you were being sarcasic or not, but that just means it takes fuel from 4 points on the side of the injector, and has a 4 hole discharge.

Gotta let Mig have his techie hit once in a while. :eyebrows: :D