The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rad hose popped off!

cheekymonkey

Hey mate that's much appreciate, shows the club spirit is alive and well :D

However I will have another look today, and may end up getting a new rad anyway as mine is quite tired. My water temps at SRR were quite high during the mapping session so the upgrade was on the cars already :)

Cheers

james

Nice of you Mark. Good man.:)

No problemo :D

They self bleed, just put heater on full hot and top up with engine idling until up to full operating temp. I have never understood all this bleeding stuff, I have never, ever had to bleed a MKIV as such. 1990's MR2's are a different matter... :)

Don't even get me started about MR2's.... took blooming ages to do my mates one... 12m odd of radiator hose with 3 bleed points or something silly.

They self bleed, just put heater on full hot and top up with engine idling until up to full operating temp. I have never understood all this bleeding stuff, I have never, ever had to bleed a MKIV as such. 1990's MR2's are a different matter... :)

Thanks, Chris

Done some miles tonight and there is still coolant in the expansion tank and also right up to the top of the rad. Sorted, for now :)