The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another 'Whats it worth' thread, but bit more difficult !

Muffleman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is the oil pump stock as i know with singles the oil pump sometimes needs moding as the front crank oil seal will go otherwise, i had this problem with my old single.:(

This is total, utter, absolute rubbish. the life and times of the oil pump seal are totally unrelated to the turbo on the engine. I am adamant about this, totally adamant :)

this car will sell easy he could sell it for 20k tommorrow if he wanted to..

its not just your normal single supra its got pedigree and history and that comes at a premium...

AND WHY

beacuse its not bobby or jimmys single supra build on xs power stuff and imported as a grade 3 or R originally to save money and looks like any other supra..

quality and rare cars sell..

and this is excatly that..

cars built by jimmys super powers supras dont sell as well as one build by endless or trial (its a true fact).

ok jimmys super power supras might be built safer with 2007 parts and technology and better fueling but it still makes no difference..they will never sell for as much as a pedigree name

:)

is the oil pump stock as i know with singles the oil pump sometimes needs moding as the front crank oil seal will go otherwise, i had this problem with my old single.:(

My car has a fully built engine and been running on a single for some time now with a stock Toyota oil pump. No oil seal problems here.

I know Matts engine was built be a very competent builder, so I can't see this being an issue.

This is total, utter, absolute rubbish. the life and times of the oil pump seal are totally unrelated to the turbo on the engine. I am adamant about this, totally adamant :)

My car has a fully built engine and been running on a single for some time now with a stock Toyota oil pump. No oil seal problems here.

I know Matts engine was built be a very competent builder, so I can't see this being an issue.

Thanks gents, I am of exactly the same opinion which is why I said it was built properly ;) Nice to have confirmation from two of the most respected tech. guys on here too :)

this car will sell easy he could sell it for 20k tommorrow if he wanted to..

its not just your normal single supra its got pedigree and history and that comes at a premium...

AND WHY

beacuse its not bobby or jimmys single supra build on xs power stuff and imported as a grade 3 or R originally to save money and looks like any other supra..

quality and rare cars sell..

and this is excatly that..

cars built by jimmys super powers supras dont sell as well as one build by endless or trial (its a true fact).

ok jimmys super power supras might be built safer with 2007 parts and technology and better fueling but it still makes no difference..they will never sell for as much as a pedigree name

:)

Thanks mate :)

Nooooooooooo....you cant sell it before i have had a change to see it! I was hoping to see it at Ace Cafe but i cant get there now as my supra wont be finished :(

Putting a price on this is going to be hard, to be honest i think it will certainly go to Denmark or the likes. I wouldnt expect £26-28K, especially as your not in a rush, are you?

ok lets have a club supra lotto...265 tickets at 100 pound each..to be drawn when all the tickets are sold:eyebrows:The winner gets the Trial Supe...Matt gets 26k...and the club gets 500 pounds for there efforts:D

Now that would be tempting... I did after all consider the car when it first came up for sale in Japan :)

Nooooooooooo....you cant sell it before i have had a change to see it! I was hoping to see it at Ace Cafe but i cant get there now as my supra wont be finished :(

Putting a price on this is going to be hard, to be honest i think it will certainly go to Denmark or the likes. I wouldnt expect £26-28K, especially as your not in a rush, are you?

Then you'll have to come up one Saturday soon ;) And in no rush to sell either, just getting it ready for sale in the spring.