The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Le Mans 2008 - Who's Going?

Pig

Nice!!:rolleyes:

About 3 years ago we stayed in a Villa with a pool on the outskirts of Le Mans. It was great but a real PITA getting to and from the circuit in the car and it also restricted your beer intake!

I like to camp and drink until I pass out. It wouldn't be the same if you can't make a pyramid out of stubby bottles of Stella.......;)

H.

:D Indeed. Pyramids are fun.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woot, Ding! Have you lately been so hung over that the sound of a car hurts? I'm there now. I like cars. Just thought I'd put that out there. I've heard there's lots of French people at Le Mans. Is that true?

French people? In France? Don't be rediculous.....:D

Guest Killer Heels

This will be great if the Dragonball is the week before!

Thinking of staying if France for the week and doing Monaco if it happens to fall right.

K x

• 3 weeks later...

I've just been invited by a mate from work who's going in his cousin's RX-7 and a couple of Supras (not sure if they're anyone on here, but they're from the Dover/Folkestone are I think). Very tempted to join in as I've not done Le Mans before :)

Shall have to meet up with some of you guys if I make it.

I like to camp and drink until I pass out. It wouldn't be the same if you can't make a pyramid out of stubby bottles of Stella.......;)

H.

Sounds like my kind of weekend :D

Woot, Ding! Have you lately been so hung over that the sound of a car hurts? I'm there now. I like cars. Just thought I'd put that out there.

Sounds like my kind of weekend :D

Anyone got anymore info on petrol costs, ticket + crossing costs? Really want to go with loads of mates ;)

Petrol will depend entirely on your route and where you cross the channel. And your right foot ;) I'm still waiting to hear how much this is too. If it's too much I might just get a lift in someone else's car and split the fuel.

Anyone got anymore info on petrol costs, ticket + crossing costs? Really want to go with loads of mates ;)

Petrol costs should be somewhere around £180 from Sussex, maybe less. I just paid £65 for my crossing. Ticket for the circuit is about £45....!! You'll also need about £25 for a camping spot around the circuit!

HTH!

H.

I don't care what it costs. It's my last year in Europe for god knows how long. I'm gonna try to be there.

Can we also PM some mobile numbers for when we get there?

Nothing worse that going all the way there and not knowing who each other is.....:blink:

H.

All booked as per PM, are you basing the 180 on an NA paul? Think we need to up that to take into account what will become the mandatory burn off on the toll road :blink:

really annoying ive spent 10 mins looking for the pound sign only to realise they have no need for it in Amsterdam. Doh!

Petrol costs should be somewhere around £180 from Sussex, maybe less. I just paid £65 for my crossing. Ticket for the circuit is about £45....!! You'll also need about £25 for a camping spot around the circuit!

HTH!

H.

where did you book all this through mate? I have found a thing on speedchills.com that said if i go folkestone-calais Eurotunnel its £179 if 2 people in the car, £159 3 people, etc. This is leaving UK Thursday and returning on the monday.

http://www.speedchills.com/lm24_tours_camping.htm

Those camping prices is that per person for the event duration or what?

where did you book all this through mate? I have found a thing on speedchills.com that said if i go folkestone-calais Eurotunnel its £179 if 2 people in the car, £159 3 people, etc. This is leaving UK Thursday and returning on the monday.

Eurotunnel charge more if you go for 5 days or more I think. We run into this every year, it's very annoying!

• 2 months later...
Guest ben3y

Hi, We are heading out on Thursday morning and returning on Monday. Went last year and had a great time. Have purchased some stickers from hollographics so should have the car looking the part. :D

Those camping prices is that per person for the event duration or what?

I booked my ferry direct with P&O. Don't get your camping through an agent, you can sort out most things wehen you get there at the circuit. Unless things have changed since I last went......:blink:

H.