The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats your wet road traction like?

Chiefgroover

ernie, if you really want ideas on traction you need to go across the pond, with the exception of a handful on here most haven`t a clue what you`re talking about:innocent:........

handy with a welder? how about a fully reworked rear suspension

http://www.boostwerx.com/blurr/2-4-07C.JPG

full thread and photos here http://www.clubna-t.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1534&page=2&pp=30

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am real happy with my traction Roy, I couldnt ask for better atm. After enough people put in their experiences I hope there is info to earmark some recommendations, and maybe even blacklist a few things. It the thread works then great but it's worth a try as this subject doesnt get a lot time on here and is a big safety issue.

Thread now destroyed by you in a bout of internet terrorism. :rolleyes: Shame on the moderators for letting such an important subject get pissed on by their friend and mate, Michael Thorin self appointed genuis according to your title.

:rlol: Yeah shame on those moderators eh? Allowing a terrorist such as myself to get away with murdering poor unsuspecting Supra owners. Get your head out of your own ass Ernie. I'd stick to the milk carts if I were you.

Now where are those over active moderators ?

They are here and ignoring your overly reactive posts. Take a break Ernie.

Edited to add: Can both of you just stop reacting to each others posts in this manner, it's rather childish and isn't helping anyone here. Ernie, there ARE other opinions and experiences out there that don't agree with your views, you need to accept that. Your opinions on positive camber for example you are pretty much unique so expect most to disagree, just don't take it so personal.

I am for buying a new set of 19's as well as 18's.

19's however, for traction you need to get the camber off as 1/2 degree positive static camber seems to work a treat, but for that you need adjustable arms or the like as I cant get the stock car to less the 1.5 neg.

Right now you could be running as much as 2.5 neg, consider the cars rear drops as the speed goes up and your chassis adds camber at a rate that suits 17" wheels, therefore when cornering or taking off your on the inside of the tyre only, your pressured contact patch is very small, you could have 4 degrees or more at that point. People get all hooked up on static camber settings, not considering what the camber gain will be.

Even with fairly tight suspension the rear of a supra will drop a fair but with launch and add neg camber.

BTW I have found directional tyres very poor at off the line.

Mike i dont agree with the drag guys on the zero camber not handling, RE050a on a 19", sidewall movement is almost nothing, and as the grip is massive camber gain will be added unless you have mahogany blocks for struts. I know a chap over here who has it, his problem is understeer instead lol, he may try a bit more toe in on the rear to see can he cure that.. I cant rave enough about RE050a (non run flat).

OK, thanks for this. Bearing in mind my first post quoting poor grip/handling (forgot to mention i have michelin Pilor Sports all round) and i want to go and get my car set up as best as i can without spending a fortune. What settings do you recommend i take to the local garage to ask them to set it up ?