The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Northwest monthly meet!

Sted

The Ribble Pilot suits me as it's local, but don't mind travelling a bit further.

Would it not be best to either get a concensus of where everyone is from then pick somewhere that is closest to the larger amount of people. Lets' say if Blackpool has the most amount of owners then lets have it there or thereabouts.

OR

could we not have the meet in one Town/city for maybe 3-6 months then move to another venue. Say Preston for 3-6, then move to maybe Lancaster,Warrington,Bolton etc.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ribble Pilot suits me as it's local, but don't mind travelling a bit further.

Would it not be best to either get a concensus of where everyone is from then pick somewhere that is closest to the larger amount of people. Lets' say if Blackpool has the most amount of owners then lets have it there or thereabouts.

OR

could we not have the meet in one Town/city for maybe 3-6 months then move to another venue. Say Preston for 3-6, then move to maybe Lancaster,Warrington,Bolton etc.

What a very sensible idea ;) :taped:

Mike

I don't really no what all the fuss is about it being local etc I mean i've traveled down to mascrat for years which is a good 30-35 miles or so. TBH It was always a really good opportunity to give the car a damm good trashing! :cool: :D especially in the summer in fact when i first put my single on i use to come off 2 junctions early and go the very very long way just for the drive :search:

As Mike has been saying for months picking a local venue for all of us is impossible and Preston is fairly central to the NW but again if it was south Manchester area i wouldn't be bothered.

Given that for the last 3 months I've been asking for suggestions and no-one has provided any suitable venues, it was looking like this was going to die a death. I said in my PM that this was up for discussion, and this was for this month. I've also mentioned in the past that much further south rules out people like Charlie (who has indicated that he's planning on coming to this.) Turn up on Monday and we'll have a healthy debate about it. Get your thinking hats on ! Further afield - how about Lancaster or Carlisle ?

Mike

I recall a thread that Matt started where we were discussing locations and there was lots of sugestions of venues.

Im not particularly bothered about the distance or the fact that its the M6 (poss the most boring road ever, next to the A1M) everytime. Was just stating a fact that whenever the NW get together its around preston and not giving the members in the far north or far south of our catchment area a chance to get to meetings should they wish.

And Carlisle - Why not? If there are members in that area expressing a wish to meet up with the North West Group then we should be able to hold a meeting more north to facilitate that. Therefore meeting half way rather than them travelling down to preston each month.

At then end of the day we are never going to please everyone.

What you avin done Rob? & by who?:)

Mines just had the following done @ Michel Lanes:

fuel system:

-8an lines

Fuel cell modification

walbro fuel pumps

aeromotive FPR

Aeromotive -10 high pressure filter

relays

BL fuel rail

880cc injectors

injector clips

Fuel rail connectors / fittings

-8an pertek fuel lines 19 meters

ECU:

AEM ecu

AEM 3.5 bar map sensor

HKS DLi

Mapping:

Tunning done by Ryan G

520bhp @ 0.9/1.0bar

HeadWork:

HKS cams 264 in/ex

Re Shimmed

Replacement of all valve guide oil seals / cam seals / rocker cover seals /bolt seals

Additional Upgrades:

Replacement crank seal / crank star modification / kevlar timing belt / kevlar fan belt

5/40 fully syn oil

oil filter

Red longlife antifreeze

Gearbox oil / Diff oil

MOT

Gearbox:

BL Gearbox

PI 3200

Fitted oil/Tranny coolers inc parts (pipes/clips)

Cooling:

New FMIC 4"/ rewelding BOV

Replacement clamps for FMIC £60

To be fitted when i get some more money

4" exhaust

New tyres (as the current ones are crap)

Ryan is going to map it to 1.4bar in the summer when the weather is a bit better and i can get some traction. But from the sounds of it Michel and Ryan have done an excellent just cant wait to get it back. :(

Mines just had the following done @ Michel Lanes:

fuel system:

-8an lines

Fuel cell modification

walbro fuel pumps

aeromotive FPR

Aeromotive -10 high pressure filter

relays

BL fuel rail

880cc injectors

injector clips

Fuel rail connectors / fittings

-8an pertek fuel lines 19 meters

ECU:

AEM ecu

AEM 3.5 bar map sensor

HKS DLi

Mapping:

Tunning done by Ryan G

520bhp @ 0.9/1.0bar

HeadWork:

HKS cams 264 in/ex

Re Shimmed

Replacement of all valve guide oil seals / cam seals / rocker cover seals /bolt seals

Additional Upgrades:

Replacement crank seal / crank star modification / kevlar timing belt / kevlar fan belt

5/40 fully syn oil

oil filter

Red longlife antifreeze

Gearbox oil / Diff oil

MOT

Gearbox:

BL Gearbox

PI 3200

Fitted oil/Tranny coolers inc parts (pipes/clips)

Cooling:

New FMIC 4"/ rewelding BOV

Replacement clamps for FMIC £60

To be fitted when i get some more money

4" exhaust

New tyres (as the current ones are crap)

Ryan is going to map it to 1.4bar in the summer when the weather is a bit better and i can get some traction. But from the sounds of it Michel and Ryan have done an excellent just cant wait to get it back. :(

WOW..:D Few quid spent there then Rob :innocent::)

been washing/hovering/polishing my car today.... and now just looking outside at the rain (so car should be fairly shat up for meeting tomorrow, great!).... sods law. really looking forward to tomorrow. preston has my vote warrington is so far for me at the moment (and i think that goes for most the guys from up this way). but moving it around every couple of months sounds good maybe, warrington/preston/lancaster or kendal would that make it south, middle and north?

Mike could you post a postcode or google map link of where we are going tomorrow night?

Charlie