The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi from New York

Bobbeh

Just a quickie to say hello.

Finally managed to get on PC with internet.. its nice here, weathers not too bad, been busy with sight seeing and shopping, picked up plenty of model/toy Supras!, and clothes. Will post pics when I get home :)

Time Square sucked for NYE, they're security mad here over everything sadly and it it kinda ruined the atmosphere. But they did manage to stop someone with a shotgun getting into the crowds, which I guess was nice :)

Time square itself is cool. So bright, walking through it at night is almost like daylight.

Clothes are so cheap.. cos of Jan sales and the $, food is VERY expensive.. even after the conversion, so they know how to milk it out of the tourists! hehe.

Anyways, will see you again in a couple of weeks no doubt :)

Hehe thanks guys.

Yeah Rosie.. its mainly around 7th Avenue, times square that most of the tourists hang out, so expect the food to be higly priced. We had a meal at a 'family' type of resturant called Applebees, for 6 people, and the bill was 200$, like us aying 200 quid) at a little chef!

You'll love the shopping though, everything is like 30-50% off thanks to the sales, we managed to hit an outlet centre where the stuff was already cheap and in sales time, it was nice :D

Sales tax here is about 8.65%, so nothing to extortionate.

The island is massive, but the Subway makes up for that - really frequent and dead easy to use, most of the touristy bits are walkable, but do make sure you have comfy shoes :)

BTW - Happy new year everyone! :lalala:

Ah... New York City is my hometown, I miss it as I have not been back there for about 10 years now. Lot's of good memories there :friday:

You really should go downtown to the village though, you will find some really good restaurants down there... If your into Italian food then Little Italy is the place to go (right next to china town). Another good place is Benihanas in China town, there you can get the meal with the chef doing knife tricks and such in the center of the table.

Washington Square park (also in the village) can be nice as you have a lot of street performers doing their bits.

Hope you have fun :burp:

But how long do the sales run for?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I think you may have missed them Rosie.

They were holiday sales.. ie for the x-mas period.

Gamer - thanks for the recommendations. We have a NY Nicks game Tuesday at the Garden, maybe I'll check out one of those places beforehand.

Thanks Greeny, its a nice change being over here - Im in Long Island right now.. its not too bad, kinda like the usual american place, loads of shops, strip malls and not much character, but the City is where its all at. :)