The mkiv Supra Owners Club

clifford alarm fitetd

jazz1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had the alarm fitted i payed 700 for remote start and its the 650 mkii with the add ons like glass sensor etc etc did i get ripped off the alarm works great and the guys are local i bought him down from 730 too 700

for me that sounds about right, if you got remote start. it is la creme de la creme of alarms anyway. glad that your pleased.

for me that sounds about right, if you got remote start. it is la creme de la creme of alarms anyway. glad that your pleased.

mate you can get a remote start alarm from the dodgey geezers at the car shows for about a £100 don,t mean its any good though, but a clifford for £700 is paying very top dollar, as they can be bought a lot less;)

tell me please, im going to be on the phone to them because they told me they would fit the 950 and fitted me the 650 instead

right going back tommorow and going to have a go at him seeing as he stated he would fit the 950 and i was instead fitted with the 650. The whole reason i bought the alarm of them was it would be the 950 also my back lights dont work, either im going to request 100 pounds refunded or ask for the alarm to be removed and my money back otherwise il take court action, good job im taking my dad as heS going to have a right go at them:) cheers matt for the advice

Forgive me if i appear rude but im not seing an issue here. The 950 is discontinued and the old shape, if you got the 650, despite paying a few pounds more, then whats the problem?

Forgive me if i appear rude but im not seing an issue here. The 950 is discontinued and the old shape, if you got the 650, despite paying a few pounds more, then whats the problem?

the 950 i believe has extra features like boot pop etc and thats why i requested and went to these guys as i wanted the 950. I went to another place and could of got the 650 with all the add on etc for 650 but only went to these guys as he told me he would fit the 950. But he didnt fit the 950 and i could of saved my self money even matt could of done the lot for 600 so thats why im pissed of because they fitted a different type with slightly less features when i paid for the 950,

Does the 950 come with the boot pop function included? My 600 has the capability to do it but doesn't come with the actual popper itself.

Can't see why you would have asked for the 950 over the 650 if it has the ability. Surely the 650 with everything and a whole box more would have still been cheaper?

Whats the cost of the alarm? £250-£300, Intellistart probably around £150, fitting probably £100

I would have expected the whole lot for around £550-£600 With all of the trimmings.

Scott =op

Does the 950 come with the boot pop function included? My 600 has the capability to do it but doesn't come with the actual popper itself.

Can't see why you would have asked for the 950 over the 650 if it has the ability. Surely the 650 with everything and a whole box more would have still been cheaper?

Whats the cost of the alarm? £250-£300, Intellistart probably around £150, fitting probably £100

I would have expected the whole lot for around £550-£600 With all of the trimmings.

Scott =op

yep your right thats why im pissed of because matt could of done the lot for 500-550 and i paid700, i requested the 950 where as they installed the 650 with add ons and before taking out the alarm i went to other places who were telling me they could do the 650 with add ons for 650, but only to find when i got the car they installed the 650 with add ons and not the 950 like stated

Did they tell you this on the phone? What does your receipt say? Did you sign anything?

Just wondering what "clout" you will actually have iyswim

Scott =op

well the receipt dont state it and they have the paper work stating and they agreed to the fact the 950 should of been installed, but i told them on the phone i want a proper receipt

If they have paperwork stating the 950 and you can get a hold of it you have them by the short and curly's

Scott =op

yea they do have paperwork and they admited it today but the guy that done the sale was not in and my dad told him he wants a proper receipt and the receipt states 600 but i have a bank statemnet as i paid 100 on deposit so il make sure il get the proper receipt but they admited what they did and aint denying it,

If the 650 you've had fitted has been fitted with a Glass Tamper Sensor, a Dual Zone Proximity Sensor and a Tilt and Motion Sensor, then that brings it up to the same specification as the 950 to the end user.

The 950 has onboard relays which make life easier for the installer, but that's about it.

To be honest, whoever has fitted this alarm for you have done nothing wrong and although they have technically fitted the wrong alarm, they've brought it up to the same specification as the one you were originally quoted for.

Yes, I can and would do it cheaper, but only because I've done so many Supra's I know them inside out. I know where to mount the units, where to tap into the correct wires without even needing to test most of them.

People like GAP do them cheaper because they don't do a proper job. They'll not immobilise the car properly, or leave out sensors, leave parts of the system not set up, make 'twist 'n' tape' connections, and generally bad fitment, that's their reason for doing them cheaper.

What they have charged you isn't unreasonable. It's less than the RRP price. In your opening post you knew it was a 650 and seemed happy with it. As long as they have fitted it properly and it is working as it should, I really can't see the problem.

Keep on their good side. You may need their help if something ever goes wrong. - And I'm not saying the alarm or their work, but imagine one day, you car doesn't start. The first thing people blame is the alarm. If this happens to you, and you get them to come out to look at the alarm and they find a fault that's not alarm related, you'll wish you were on good terms then! ;)

well my whole side lights dont work so that means they have installed or fu*ked up the alarm? its not my fuse as when the side light siwtch is turned the dash lights, front lights and rear lights come on, but currently the dash light only shows, so do you think i have my rights to ask for the alarm to be removed seeing as its within 14 days and they didnt install the alarm i agreed

well my whole side lights dont work so that means they have installed or fu*ked up the alarm? its not my fuse as when the side light siwtch is turned the dash lights, front lights and rear lights come on, but currently the dash light only shows, so do you think i have my rights to ask for the alarm to be removed seeing as its within 14 days and they didnt install the alarm i agreed

Jazz, I can see your issue with the rear lights. However, it's a very common problem. look here as an example. I must have seen this type of fault on about 10 Supras so far.

They may have caused it, it may be that they coincidentally stopped working either before or after they fitted the alarm.

Having been it the trade for a fair while and had similar things happen to me, as an installer, I would happily rectify the problem for you without charge, (even if I didn't believe the problem was caused by my work), but I wouldn't remove the alarm because of it.

The fact that they have fitted a different unit than agreed is the only point of argument IMO that you have. However, you need to bear in mind that they have brought it up to virtually identical standards and specification as the I950. So effectively you've got everything the I950 would have, except the instruction booklet....

Also, keep in mind that they haven't over charged you. At least not if you go by retail prices. And remember that, as I said earlier, you were happy with what they'd done in your first post.

like i explained its not the fuse as only one fuse runs the side lights switch which, activates the dash, front lights and rear lights, the dash light only shows meaning its not the fuse and down to them or the alarm. Can you please explain if the 650mkii has smart window compatability? also i was told this alarm comes with shock sensor aswell as being able to work with my turbo timer, but theres no shock sensor and they are charging me 45 pounds to install a turbo timer function but didnt explain this in the beggining.

well im not happy seeing as you could of done it cheaper and i agreed with them to fit the 950 but they didnt, the whole reason i went to them before seeing other places who also explained they could fit the 650mkii with add ons for 650, but i went to these lot because they explained they would fit the 950

Jazz, I can see your issue with the rear lights. However, it's a very common problem. look here as an example. I must have seen this type of fault on about 10 Supras so far.

They may have caused it, it may be that they coincidentally stopped working either before or after they fitted the alarm.

Having been it the trade for a fair while and had similar things happen to me, as an installer, I would happily rectify the problem for you without charge, (even if I didn't believe the problem was caused by my work), but I wouldn't remove the alarm because of it.

The fact that they have fitted a different unit than agreed is the only point of argument IMO that you have. However, you need to bear in mind that they have brought it up to virtually identical standards and specification as the I950. So effectively you've got everything the I950 would have, except the instruction booklet....

Also, keep in mind that they haven't over charged you. At least not if you go by retail prices. And remember that, as I said earlier, you were happy with what they'd done in your first post.

its not just the rear lights its the complete back and front side lights dont work

like i explained its not the fuse as only one fuse runs the side lights switch which, activates the dash, front lights and rear lights, the dash light only shows meaning its not the fuse and down to them or the alarm. Can you please explain if the 650mkii has smart window compatability? also i was told this alarm comes with shock sensor aswell as being able to work with my turbo timer, but theres no shock sensor and they are charging me 45 pounds to install a turbo timer function but didnt explain this in the beggining.

well im not happy seeing as you could of done it cheaper and i agreed with them to fit the 950 but they didnt, the whole reason i went to them before seeing other places who also explained they could fit the 650mkii with add ons for 650, but i went to these lot because they explained they would fit the 950

Yes, I could have done it cheaper, but I'm sure you could have bought your car cheaper if you'd looked around a bit more. There is always someone that can do something cheaper. Usually after the event. - A quick search shows me that you asked the question about alarms a short while ago. Someone suggested you contact me... You didn't.

Yes, the 650 can work with Smart windows, as can any G4 or G5 alarm system. None of them come with it. Neither do any Thatcham approved alarms come with shock sensors.

All Cliffords can work with a turbo timer if they're connected up for it. It's a fiddly job to do, depending on how the towbo timer has been wired up. They may also have needed to use a couple of relays to make it work properly, especially with Intellistart wired in. As for charging you for it, I would have too. It's a PITA to do.

I'm not having a go at you, just trying to get across that you were happy to start with, and all of a sudden you've lost the plot and turned 180 on what you originally posted. Yes there's an issue with your lights, and again, the spec of the alarm they've fitted is virtually identical to what you were quoted on... Maybe they just couldn't get hold of a 950 at that time?

Out of interest, have you checked your fuses? :)

ok well problem solved had a good word and left the car there went with my dad, for free they are fitting the shock sensors and turbo timer function, also the lights issue no its not the fuse like i explainedin my previous posts. They are trying to say my switch is gone which is impossible as for one when i turn the side light switch the dash light comes on but the rear and front lights dont meaning it cant be a fuse neither can my switch be fu*ked, if my fuse did go or my switch then the dash light would not activate as that should go on with both front and rear lights, so when i go and collect my car after these things are fitted if the lights are not working i wont as the issue with the lights is down to them seeing as my dads mechanic checked them and clearly knows what hes on about and yes i did check all the fuses and they are fine