The mkiv Supra Owners Club

crash

Adam Kindness

grrr

Got cut up on a roundabout by an old git. He admitted fault etc, but still does not ease my anger at having to pay 400 excess and having car repaired whist trying to sell..

No real bad damage...

N/S headlight ripped off

N/S front wing dented and scratched

bumper scratched

grill buggered

alloy scored and steering slightly out of track

see pics for an idea of what happened

Sorry to hear about what happened.

You really ought not to get me started with roundabouts!!! Basic re-education is needed. I can rant on for ages and the three basic rules.........but whats the point

The standard of driving in this country is getting worse and worse!! :banghead:

You really ought not to get me started with roundabouts!!! Basic re-education is needed.

Couldn't agree more. The number of times I've been cut up by people in the wrong who then hurl abuse at me because they think they're in the right is shocking.

Hope it all gets sorted in your favour soon Adam.

I had a petrol tanker go to do exactly the same to me in Slough today. The road is clearly marked and they still can't figure out what to do. It's all very well now introducing these hazzard awareness tests, but why not put the money into testing peoples driving more?? I tell you, i'm surrounded by idots i feel each and every time i go out. I used to think driving in London was dangerous, not anymore.

spoke to his ins comp..... he hasnt admitted fault, his story is also wrong...... :mad:

he has made some crap up about entrance/exits etc..... got me all confused now too :lol: i'd have to ring back and ask them again...

They admitted my story sounded more plausable and looked better in my fav as i have my psgr as witness (counts in scottish law or something)

I emailed him, basically telling him his story was wrong, and told him mine via those ace pics :) I also included proper road maps for him. I think he forgot that there was a road on the left (1st exit)

His ins company were going to get back in touch with him to find out what the craic is

Seems to be a very common type of roundabout crash.

I got cut up exactly the same by an old person, but fortunately I saw it coming and had time to brake as they drove right across the front of me.

They should have a program on the tv, explaining the highway code.

im fucking raging :mad:

I'm sure he his making a new story up.... phoned his insurance comp again, and asked for his version again...

He says he was coming from Perth (correct) and taking the 2nd exit of the roundabout (incorrect)

If he was taking the 2nd exit there would have been no fucking crash in the first place.

I feel like calling him direct to ask what the hell he is playing at :mad:

just had a call back from Esure.

They have called Mr Law again, and talked the incident through with him. (the women knew the road well etc which helped)

He now admits he was taking the 3rd exit, not the 2nd. He was unaware of the 2nd exit i pressume. He has admitted fault to Esure, and they are now sorting everything out, without me having to spunk out my excess etc...

hope this works out well now

Michael - thats the thing LOL.... i would just fix it myself if i HAD to use my insurance, but it seems like everything has been cleared up and i'm using his insurance direct :) Even had a call from him last night saying if there were any more probs etc just call him and he'll speak to his insurance etc

just had a call from Esure...

There is no dispute on liability.

My car is to be fixed at Dudingston Coachworks (have to look them up, 5year gaurantee on the work etc) with no cost to me at all, no excess, no claim on my policy :)

Hire car from Hertz - astra or focus

Esure have impressed me :) and its refreshing to speak to folk that understand you as well as you being able to understand them..... Scottish Call centre :D