The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VIN Plate decoder

Homer

This is so cool - well done Digsy :)

BTW, did it give the correct details for your car? IIRC back when this was made there was only one facelift SZ to test it on...

Not sure if mine was the one you were thinking of, but it works for me. Only thing mine has which is coming up as not found is the trim level of FF

Not sure if mine was the one you were thinking of, but it works for me. Only thing mine has which is coming up as not found is the trim level of FF

Yep, it was yours I was thinking of, good to know it works.

There seems to be quite a few of the trim options missing, mostly for the facelift cars. It's strange there's so many different codes, yet very few differences on the actual cars!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Here's a site that actually shows you the colours against the colour codes. Might be good for people who want to change colour but to another stock colour.

http://www.paintscratch.com/

It is a generic site for all cars so you have to input year, Toyota and Supra in the drop down boxes first.

So many shades of pink ;)

Another nice site but only lists one of the 3 silvers :)

depends on the year.

very clever :p

This is a bit sad. But i noticed the other day when i drove a facelift 6 speed NA. (mine is a facelift 5 speed NA) that the passenger airbag cover just said "SRS Airbag" (or whatever). However the one in my car says that then the supra logo next to it.

I also noticed where you change the intermitant wiper speed that the marks on twisty thing on the stalk were different.

Also notices the japanese writing on the sun visor was printed however mine is stuck on with a sticker.

All this kind of stuff intregues me. For instance my cloth patern in my car i have never seen on any other supra. Is there a list for all this kind of stuff? Or is it just a bit random? It would be interesting (i think) to see all the different cloth paterns and other things.

Or maybe im just a sad git :)

I know there is that list of what types of supra have what but not into that kind of detail.

• 12 years later...