The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Daily Supras

CarlT67

Any owner not planning it in is stupid imo.

My days of daily driving the Supra ended about 15 years ago when my company bought me a company car, figuring turning up to prospective customers - the Supra probably wasn't the ideal choice. You see from the feeding frenzy that accompanies strip threads that more owners are probably getting to panic stations about securing critical parts, particularly the bits underneath. I'm as bad as anyone in that regard, scooped up a few of the last remaining OE bushes on the rear frame and also a complete front and rear frame (both with hubs and ABS sensors which was a bit of a bonus seeing the ABS sensors all bar one are now discontinued and unavailable).

With Supra prices heading who knows where you have to be a single car owner to want to rag your Supra 365 days a year. I have driven the Supra only once since the November show we went to and it did feel special for the wait, so I'm with you concerning abstinence makes the final result all the more pleasurable.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

definitely tbh i doubt there are many supras left on the road that don't need a few under body parts doing by now. Any owner not planning it in is stupid imo.

I've always wondered why people spend so much money on more power and looks, but still rolling round on 20+ years suspension parts.

All suspension arms, top mounts, arb bushes, drop links etc I have replaced with new oem on the car with new Bilstein B6's struts. Just under 4K in total for all the parts but I think its a much better area to spend money on the car.

Next on the list will be sending off my spare rear subframe for shot blasting and coating, then new OEM bushes just for piece of mind seeing all the rest are done.

then new OEM bushes just for piece of mind seeing all the rest are done.

You'll be lucky if you haven't bought them already. You cannot get a fair few bushes any longer from the usual sources and 4165314010 is one that's gone, though it is still listed on ebay.com from one supplier so if you hurry!

You'll be lucky if you haven't bought them already. You cannot get a fair few bushes any longer from the usual sources and 4165314010 is one that's gone, though it is still listed on ebay.com from one supplier so if you hurry!

Oh really? I enquired about them the other week with Steve Manley at Toyota and he said he could still get them all for the rear subframe.

I don't really want to go polybush route.

Steve Manley at Toyota and he said he could still get them all for the rear subframe.

So did Amayama then I got an email a few days later advising "part numbers 4165314010 and 9010512218 have been delayed indefinitely. As these parts are no longer available, we will refund you the cost of these parts". Chomp Steve's hand off.

So did Amayama then I got an email a few days later advising "part numbers 4165314010 and 9010512218 have been delayed indefinitely. As these parts are no longer available, we will refund you the cost of these parts". Chomp Steve's hand off.

That's not good.

Cars in for full re-paint at the moment so will have to wait for a couple of months, hopefully still be able to get them in then!

I don't daily mine as I wouldn't want to park it at work as I work in a supermarket. Every daily I've had has earned battle scars in the car park from door dents to hand bag scratches all the way up to physically being run into and removing all the paint. Never had an admittance of guilt on any of the damage so I am more than happy to pay to run two cars for this reason.

Mines has been gathering dust for two years.

Since insurance went nuts in Ireland I have not been able to insure it with anyone

Get classic insurence, thats what I have with a 3000 miles a year limit, drive mine to work 2 to 3 days a week. I am not fussy about OEM parts and find Blueprint just as good.