The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Q on modern American high performance engine

Jellybean

That is not a "modern" engine. It has PUSH RODS for God's sake. At best call it a "classic" engine, but modern it is not. The most eye opening things you can do for the average Yank is take them out in, or even let them drive, a modern, small European or Japanese performance car, and feed them decent food in modest quantities. Both can be life savers for them, too, in the long run ;)

You only have to work on say a Chrysler 300 to see how backwards the *h*% they turn out is.

Talking of retro engines my brand new factory block arrived yesterday for my Volvo engine build. Apparently the lads in the service bays all came to look at it as they couldn't believe that

A: They were still available

and

B: Anyone was mad enough to buy one ;)

At least it's OHC and FI though. It would have had a distributor but I'm afraid I will

have to rid it such an encumbrance :)