The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Offsets

Rywalls

Apologies for bringing this up again ive read a million threads but can't seem to find the answers im after.

I'm buying a set of rota GTR's 18" but I want the front wheels to be the same "concave-ness" as the rear. Does the offset affect the concave-ness or is it the J figure?

I noticed people run 9.5J at the rear and 8.5J upfront but then the front spokes are flat. I was thinking of just running 9.5J ET12 on all four corners but then you have to take brake clearance into account and roll the arches.

Any advice?

Shame you haven't had a reply. I have the same query and was just looking for an answer. There's a thread above that details wheels to fit over "UK" brakes. There's a pic of a white Supra on there with rota GTR's that are dished both front and back, but no details. Its the kind of look I want to go for, but I fancy spending the extra on genuine volk's - So it would be helpful to know how/what sizes to go for before i part with my cash.

I'm buying a set of rota GTR's 18" but I want the front wheels to be the same "concave-ness" as the rear. Does the offset affect the concave-ness or is it the J figure?

I noticed people run 9.5J at the rear and 8.5J upfront but then the front spokes are flat. I was thinking of just running 9.5J ET12 on all four corners but then you have to take brake clearance into account and roll the arches.

Any advice?

I can't see you getting a 9.5j ET12 on the front. I'm running 8j ET25 and it rubs.

I can't see you getting a 9.5j ET12 on the front. I'm running 8j ET25 and it rubs.

They do go. Done a set for a customer. Front arches need a heavy roll and flare, and the tyre needs some stretch, but his previous TTE's scrubbed on the inside on lock, and these are clear.

They'd fit perfectly with a pair of Ridox front wings or similar.

Looks like you have the magic touch GazDoran.

I'm thinking getting 9.5j et30 front and back (ive read the lower the number the more they stick out) so if I go with the 30's instead they shouldn't stick out as far and ive got small spacers just incase the fronts don't clear the UK brakes

They do go. Done a set for a customer. Front arches need a heavy roll and flare, and the tyre needs some stretch, but his previous TTE's scrubbed on the inside on lock, and these are clear.

They'd fit perfectly with a pair of Ridox front wings or similar.

So what you're saying is, they don't go :D Not without some pretty serious, and potentially expensive work.

I wouldn't play with rolling the front arches.

Just stick what fits the best on the front.

For the rear, my old 19" rims were 9.5 ET35 ; it was very close to the arch, and I had to give a bit more camber.

Currently, my rears are 11.5 x 18 ET52, and the arches needed rolling.

That's smart Jamesy!

I'm not really going for any particular look, just want them alloys to fit. Not worried about having to roll the rear arches but would rather not mess about with the front.

I should be okay if safcdixon has no problems, I'll let you guys know how I get on anyway I'll post up some pics once it's sorted

Thanks for the help!