The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Master warning and Malfunction indicator lamp/ rattling under hard acceleration

Guest SupraScott88

Guest SupraScott88

So was driving to work today, decided to put the boot down across the carriageway, put the pedal right down so kick down kicked in, full acceleration until about 60/70 mph then a jolt, master warning light on and Malfunction indicator lamp on, also seemed to be like a rattling pinging noise from the engine. Took my foot off the accelerator, lights went out, car drove as if nothing happened?

Now Ive seen people saying that can mean a faulty speed sensor and my speedo has been playing up, sort of bouncing (i,e sitting at 60 then 65 then 60 again) but what would cause the rattling. As i said previous it is only doing it when im flooring it, normal driving is fine.

Any ideas, because google has been pretty vague..

95 TT Jspec Supra

cheers

scott

Guest SupraScott88

Car is pretty much stock standard scooter, had a blitz boost controller but that has been disabled as one of the solenoids was apprently ot working. Apart from a blitz bov and a blitz spec r exhaust its standard. No boost gauge np89 something im looking into, just dont have the cash atm :-/

Guest SupraScott88

np89 i bought the car like that. Planning to get the car Decatted so was going to get the boost gauge then, didnt think it would of been an issue at with the car sitting at stock boost.

Drove again this morn, no rattling so that may have been gravel in the arch or something, i dunno.

Why would it randomly start doing that thought Ric. Only seemingly started doing it from Yest and the car has had the boost controller and been back to stock boost now for a couple of months..

Would the speed sensor have anything to do with this, considering my speedo has been a bit touchy.

Guest SupraScott88

aye spoke to him there, my supra has been up with him before, he seems to think it is boost spiking, so fuel cut kicking in, hopefully nothing too major.