The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Weight of 2JZGTE Engine Parts

Wez

Hey All,

Instead of keeping this link I thought it would be better to do an online table.

Any corrections or additions let me know, we could also use this thread to discuss future engine builds/combos and the possible RPM limits etc :thumbs:

Stock 2JZGTE: 86mm Bore x 86mm Stroke - 8.620" Block Height

PISTONS

[table=head;sort=1,2,3]Description|Weight|Notes

Stock 86.00mm|407 Grams|na

JUN C Series (Cosworth) 87.00mm|343g|Pin 104 Grams - Cosworth part# PA1737

JUN W Series (Wossner) 86.50mm|362g|OE Comp 8.5:1 - Wossner Comp 8.0:1 - Wossner Part# K9057D050

JUN W Series (Wossner) 87.00mm|362g|OE Comp 8.5:1 - Wossner Comp 8.0:1 - Wossner Part# K9057D100

HKS 87.00mm Forged|384g|Pin 112 Grams

CP 86.00mm|na|na

CP 86.50mm|322g|na

CP 87.00mm|na|na

CP 87.00mm 3.4 Stroker|328g|9.1cr

JE 87.00mm Forged|306g|8.5cr

JE 86.50mm Forged|304g|8.5cr

JE 86.50mm Forged|330g|8.0cr

JE 87.00mm Forged|333g|8.0cr

Wiseco|na|na

Arias 86.50mm|355g|na

Arias 87.00mm|362g|na

Tomei|na|na

Toda 86.00mm Forged|na|na

Toda 87.00mm Forged|na|na

Crower|338g|Bore: 3.405, +.020 - Comp: 8.5:1

Mahle 87.00mm|332.5g|Pro Series Pistons

[/table]

RODS

Stock Rod stripped|761g|na

Stock Rod with bearing|800g|na

Stock Wrist Pin|132g|na

Carillo H beams|580g|na

Carillo incl bolts|602g|na

Brian Crower I Beam|495g|Bolt 57g

Brian Crower H Beam Pro Series|na|na

BC Pro with bolts|605g|na

Pauters|680g|na

Eagle with bolts|586g|na

Crower Titanium|392g|na

[/table]

CRANK

Stock|59.6lbs|na

HKS 3.4 Stroker|52lbs|na

BC 3.4 Stroker|na|na

BC 3.4 Stroker|48lbs|Lightweight 94mm

JUN 3.4 Stroker|na|na

Winberg|45lbs|na

Spool 3.4 Stroker|52lbs|na

[/table]

:D

Edited by Wez (see edit history)

Talking to Cosworth we could potentially use the new Mitsubishi EVO X 4B11 pistons.

I have found another contact for Cosworth which has now answered most of the questions raised earlier :D

1) Could they be made with oil galleys like the stock piston as the 2JZ-GTE has oil squirter's to aid cooling? Do you mean cut outs in the skirt to accomodate the oil sprays? Yes no problem, but we would need an OE sample to measure from.

2) Will the gudgeon pin diameter be the same as stock? 22mm pin as stock and yes they will.

3) Can they be low friction/anti det coated? There is a low friction bedding in coating included in the price quoted on the piston skirts. The Crowns are mirrior polished to help anti-detonation, again included in the price (both of these are normally cost extras).

4) Would the valve relief be large enough for +1mm valves? Max valve size allowed is 33mm Inlet, 28mm Exhaust

5) What is the Crown volume? Do you mean the Bowl CC?

6) Is 86.00mm, 86.50mm and 87.00mm available, if so in the same batch? Yes, all available in the same batch.

7) How much do they weigh? Depends on bore size. As Cosworth have not made these in a while (using the new forging at least) they are unlikely to be able to give an accurate figure today. If there is sufficent interest (ie orders) then they can do a more up to date model which will give them a predicted weight accurate to about 98%. They will only take the time to do this however if it looks like they will sell some. Im sure you can appreciate that considering the time involved in redrawing pistons and the number of enquiries, it has to be on a priority basis.

8) Are low compression versions available, if so can they be done in the same batch? After the initial batch of 48pcs is done, further pistons can be low comp. >48pcs as oe. 49pcs> can be low comp so in short, you will need 8 OE comp ratio customers before the low comp orders can be processed. OE comp ratio by the way is 8.5:1. As long as you dont go lower then about 8.0:1, this shoud be possible but I would need you to come back to me with firm numbers before I can say for sure.

9) Is the compression height same as stock? Compression height is same as stock.

Edited by Wez (see edit history)

That would be great thanks :thumbs:

This was from Dusty from this thread on the BC rods I purchased

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=135209&highlight=brian+crower+rods

This is what I got from Brian Crower, dont know if it makes sence

The rods we have in stock right now are "I" beam and the weight are 495 (g)

The bolts weigh 57 grams.

Thank you,

Dustin

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=135209&highlight=brian+crower+rods

Thank you,

Dustin

Light rods, I hope the H beam are a similar weight to the I beam, i went with the Brian Crower Pro Series H beam Rods, they will be here very soon and i will weigh them.

Thank you,

Dustin

JUN do 3 piston options

http://www.junauto.co.jp/products/piston/detail.html?en

JUN C Series (Cosworth) 87mm

JUN W Series (Wossner) 86.5mm

JUN W Series (Wossner) 87mm

http://www.woessner-kolben.de/english/katalog/toyota.pdf

Updated :thumbs:

Light rods, I hope the H beam are a similar weight to the I beam, i went with the Brian Crower Pro Series H beam Rods, they will be here very soon and i will weigh them.

The weight of the rods, whilst you would want them to be as light as possible, has a far smaller effect on the bolt loading than the weight of the piston. I would tend to sacrifice a little weight for a stronger component.

The weight of the rods, whilst you would want them to be as light as possible, has a far smaller effect on the bolt loading than the weight of the piston. I would tend to sacrifice a little weight for a stronger component.

What do you think of the titanium jobbies then :D

What's the pin height on the Evo pistons? Pin diameter? Crown volume?

I will try and find out, it seems my previous contact is no longer there :(

I may be able to find out as I think there's a guy here who has just rebuilt a 4B11. He may well have the old pistons hanging around.

Obviously if Cosworths pistons are different to stock then it won't really tell us much...

I may be able to find out as I think there's a guy here who has just rebuilt a 4B11. He may well have the old pistons hanging around.

Obviously if Cosworths pistons are different to stock then it won't really tell us much...

All the other pistons in the catalogue have a 22mm pin hole, it doesnt list the 4B11 though :(

JUN do 3 piston options

http://www.junauto.co.jp/products/piston/detail.html?en

JUN C Series (Cosworth) 87mm

JUN W Series (Wossner) 86.5mm

JUN W Series (Wossner) 87mm

http://www.woessner-kolben.de/english/katalog/toyota.pdf

You can buy the Wossner pistons direct in the UK from PEC :thumbs:

[table=head]Description|ex VAT|inc VAT

PEC Supra 2JZGTE 3.0 Turbo Pistons|£637.45 ex VAT|£749.00 inc. VAT

PEC Supra 2JZGTE 3.0 Turbo Forged Con Rods|£606.38 ex VAT|£712.50 inc. VAT

Supra 3.0 2JZGTE Turbo Wossner piston & PEC rod package|£1,153.18 ex VAT|£1,354.99 inc. VAT

[/table]

http://www.performanceenginecomponents.com/products/product.asp?id=208

I have found another contact for Cosworth which has now answered most of the questions raised in the previous group buy thread :D

1) Could they be made with oil galleys like the stock piston as the 2JZ-GTE has oil squirter's to aid cooling? Do you mean cut outs in the skirt to accomodate the oil sprays? Yes no problem, but we would need an OE sample to measure from.

2) Will the gudgeon pin diameter be the same as stock? 22mm pin as stock and yes they will.

3) Can they be low friction/anti det coated? There is a low friction bedding in coating included in the price quoted on the piston skirts. The Crowns are mirrior polished to help anti-detonation, again included in the price (both of these are normally cost extras).

4) Would the valve relief be large enough for +1mm valves? Max valve size allowed is 33mm Inlet, 28mm Exhaust

5) What is the Crown volume? Do you mean the Bowl CC?

6) Is 86.00mm, 86.50mm and 87.00mm available, if so in the same batch? Yes, all available in the same batch.

7) How much do they weigh? Depends on bore size. As Cosworth have not made these in a while (using the new forging at least) they are unlikely to be able to give an accurate figure today. If there is sufficent interest (ie orders) then they can do a more up to date model which will give them a predicted weight accurate to about 98%. They will only take the time to do this however if it looks like they will sell some. Im sure you can appreciate that considering the time involved in redrawing pistons and the number of enquiries, it has to be on a priority basis.

8) Are low compression versions available, if so can they be done in the same batch? After the initial batch of 48pcs is done, further pistons can be low comp. >48pcs as oe. 49pcs> can be low comp so in short, you will need 8 OE comp ratio customers before the low comp orders can be processed. OE comp ratio by the way is 8.5:1. As long as you dont go lower then about 8.0:1, this shoud be possible but I would need you to come back to me with firm numbers before I can say for sure.

9) Is the compression height same as stock? Compression height is same as stock.