How To: Dying your carpet Black

M4RK RZ

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doubt that would come out well dying it seeming as its plastic. Your prob better off spraying the plastic black with a can

I doubt it will look good either way I was just wondering what other people have done, I might just get a new black carpet will look much cleaner. Thanks!

I have just done my carpet as I already had the dye and thought I would try it out until I get a new one some day. It actually came out better than I thought and very easy to do. The plastic heel pad I just primed then sprayed in gloss. Thanks for the guide!

Before:

attachment.php?attachmentid=168232&stc=1&d=1366815865

Half done:

attachment.php?attachmentid=168233&stc=1&d=1366815865

Done:

attachment.php?attachmentid=168234&stc=1&d=1366815865

DSC_3094.jpg

DSC_3096.jpg

DSC_3097.jpg

Makes a massive difference to the interior! I soaked my grey carpets in all purpose cleaner, brushed then used the pressure washer wash them down.

The river of black, stinky water they ran off was rank. So far so good over 6 months on and still no fade :)

It definately has made a big difference, I think the cleaning is important as any dust will cause the fade. I used a scrubbing brush and soap then jet wash then 5 coats using the whole 5 litres I had then scrubbed to plump the fibres up. Just a bit smelly now so i'll leave it for a few days before it goes back in lol.

• 4 weeks later...
So how does this perform in the long run?

this thread was started originally back in 2007.

How does the dye perform over the years? is the grey coming through again or is it still lovely black?

would be very very interesting for me to know....

many thanks!

Herbert

Hi all

Really please you have all have had such great results, makes it worth writing this back in 2007!

As for fade - well I think mine must be the longest dyed now and its still black with minimal wear. I don't drive the car 'every day' but still the carpet is in great shape.

All the best :cool: