How To: Dying your carpet Black

M4RK RZ

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im really keen to do this, but the only colour I can find is black or charcoal.....

Anybody know where I can get hold of blue?

tricky that one mate.

I think the process worked so well because I decided to use a dark dye. The thing is changing colour is a different process and you will proberly find that the result is not even close to what you expected.

Black and dark shades will go onto most colours and totaly cover them. To get to blue from grey (im guessing) you will be disapointed in the result.

Besides remember - black goes with everything (I knew that fashion sh#t talk would come in handy one day !! )

• 1 month later...
thats your nice green lawn fucked;)

Actually it grew out. Unlike the area where I cleaned the spray gun with white spirit, it's still yellow.

Sod it, I've got weed and feed in the shed, I'll throw some on next spring. Besides, the GF wanted the lawn so I couldn't care less.

• 2 weeks later...

i done this over the weekend and used approx 3 litres of dye took around 4 hours including working in time and drying time and the carpet has come out perfect, i had to use the 3 litres due to stains and burn marks.

wouldnt of been able to do it if it werent for this write up cheers bud

will try get pics soon

• 4 months later...

just a note to anyone who orders the carpet dye from the ebay seller - the couriers are sh*te.

4 times I've tried to rebook the delivery, they've "forgotten" twice, and once didn't bother to pick up the "authorise to leave without signature" or leave the parcel (apparently).

I hope to get the dye soon, as I have a car with no carpet now :(

Guest blueangel

the dye doesnt hold on rooflinings i used black matt spray paint then brush it over after it softens up then.

couriers have so far taken over 2 weeks to get me my delivery - they say every day they will redeliver, but NEVER do.

Steer well clear of Fastway couriers if you can folks! At this rate, the dye won't be with me before japfest, and that means I'll be without carpet in my car!!!!! :(

It's not that bad driving without a carpet in, I dyed mine last year and have not fitted it back in yet.

Yeh, but that's not the point, is it? I kinda want my car to look it's best for the shows, hence the reason for buying this stuff and ordering well in advance. :(

Yeah, I feel for you bud - Courier's, they are a breed all of their own :(

Can't you go and pick it up from the depot ? (I know that's not the point but......)

Depot? Don't be silly - I recon this company is a 1 man franchise. No collection as an option, cannot phone unless between 9-5 meaning that when I get home at 5:30 if no parcel is here I have to phone the following day - and then the driver has "already left" so the parcel cannot be rearranged until the next working day.

Utter sh*t. Going to complain today.

I'll shut up now tho - said my piece. :(

peeps - what is the drying time of this dye?

I've left mine in the garage drying now since saturday and it's still not 100% dry, the dye still comes off on my fingers if I rub the carpet.

I've now moved them to the back garden to hopefully help dry, but just wondered if there is anything else i need/should do?

Ta