The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra TT question?

Guest freddyk

It's still about right. The worst time I seen from a healthy working auto supra is 5.7 seconds, so your times are not out of the ordinary.

So it's now gone from 4-5 seconds to adding nearly another second on? Or are you just talking crap again?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's now gone from 4-5 seconds to adding nearly another second on? Or are you just talking crap again?

I hope your car is standard, maybe you can try this little test.

I dont know why you're acting like a kid with an attitude, 0.5 seconds here or there varies on road and weather conditions, even the autobox can sometimes perform inconsistently between shifts.

My friends US Spec Auto - with a verified 294 rwhp - totally standard car - did it in 4.0 seconds flat.

Contrast this to a imported GZ that has done 5.3 seconds.

I hope your car is standard, maybe you can try this little test.

I dont know why you're acting like a kid with an attitude, 0.5 seconds here or there varies on road and weather conditions, even the autobox can sometimes perform inconsistently between shifts.

My friends US Spec Auto - with a verified 294 rwhp - totally standard car - did it in 4.0 seconds flat.

Contrast this to a imported GZ that has done 5.3 seconds.

please, is this your friend who you found by searching on supraforums? Americans are prone to exaggeration, how else would a standard car which produces 326bhp at the fly lose just 32bhp at the rear wheels?

And when you're talking 0.5 seconds that could also wildly vary from when you push the button on your highly accurate stopwatch.

...there's also that fact that the gz would be faster :D

please, is this your friend who you found by searching on supraforums? Americans are prone to exaggeration, how else would a standard car which produces 326bhp at the fly lose just 32bhp at the rear wheels?

The US spec makes more than 325 horsepower, they underated the car. Dynos show they make between 270 - 310 at the rear wheels, with fuel ratios far less rich than the j-spec and UK spec cars do.

And when you're talking 0.5 seconds that could also wildly vary from when you push the button on your highly accurate stopwatch.

...there's also that fact that the gz would be faster :D

Ball is in your court, leave the accusations and excuses to the side and go out there and prove it. I cant be bothered to argue with the case, let the facts do the talking.

The US spec makes more than 325 horsepower, they underated the car. Dynos show they make between 270 - 310 at the rear wheels, with fuel ratios far less rich than the j-spec and UK spec cars do.

Lol, you're going to get ripped to shreds for that post :D

The US uses a different hp measurement compared to practically every other country, ie. 1hp in the US is smaller than 1hp in the UK and Japan, this is one of the reasons why US hp figure generally seem higher.

The US uses a different hp measurement compared to practically every other country, ie. 1hp in the US is smaller than 1hp in the UK and Japan, this is one of the reasons why US hp figure generally seem higher.

Yes, I know - there are minor differences between SAE vs JIS vs DIN methods of rating horsepower, usually the JIS and DIN coming out higher than SAE.

This should be taken to a new thread though if you guys want to have a go.

Yeah, that's true.

They are rated at 320bhp (compared to the 326bhp of the EuroSpec - availability of higher octane fuel at the time)

But what americans call 'RWP' really is equivalent to our 'Flywheel' power.

So nobody is actually 'lieing', the standards are just different.

Their gallons are also different, that's why the mpg figures for the same car don't tally exactly.

...and don't forget the 'octane' numbering of fuels - their 92 octane(AKI) is like our 97(RON)..

Ball is in your court, leave the accusations and excuses to the side and go out there and prove it. I cant be bothered to argue with the case, let the facts do the talking.

Yes, let the facts do the talking. It's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about.