The mkiv Supra Owners Club

This forum costs me some money!!

Rayman

:) Everytime i come on this damn forum i want to buy something, its like an addiction or something, just reading the posts and looking at the for sale threads i leave wanting something for my car, the problem is i cant really afford to buy it. So far just recently the forums cost me a new SMIC and new exhaust,:p ive already got a set of lights that need to go to Jon for refurb and now i want a BOV. Where will it end?:D

I gotta stay away from this place for a bit it hooks you in.:(

what you doing with your old zorst rayman and have you got the smic fitted yet?

Old zorst will be for sale on here once i get round to fitting it, ive just ordered some bolts for the SMIC so will fit that as soon as the weather picks up. I really bought it for the summer when the temps go up, figured it would a good idea.

Hehe, for the most part I've resisted, but when you goto meets and see things in the flesh it aint half tempting to go on a spree when you get back home! :)

There is no end to it tho, i mean you can buy and buy and buy, there is always something different or new to get. To be honest although the car can give you many hours of enjoyment its a bit of a waste of money when you stand back and look at it. Compared to putting it into property for example.

Yup. That is so true. Maybe you should try and set some modification targets and stick to them :D

I dont drive mine enough to warrant spending a load of money on it.

Well i did try, before i got my car i used to post up on here "im keeping my supra standard etc blah blah", now its like what can i buy next.

Must stop, but it gets worse come summer time probably. i need some new wheels by then. :(

:) Everytime i come on this damn forum i want to buy something, its like an addiction or something, just reading the posts and looking at the for sale threads i leave wanting something for my car, (

I am exactly the same - In fact, I think its getting to the compulsive disorder stage for me where I have to have my 3-20 hours per day fix of the forum.

Also, it seems that most of us are almost trying to keep up with the neighbours and don't want to be left behind. I seem to have spent 1000's in the last few weeks alone.:shock: :faint: :scare: :eek:

Jeez, your not wrong about the money. I am popping on the forum all day whilst at work and every time I go on I have to look in the parts for sale section :)

I have spent the best part of £1500 in the past 2 months on my Supra, albeit 1/2 of that is due to the car needing a new clutch and/or flywheel :)

Hay ho, this is the first car I have ever modified and I do not want to part with it for a long time :D

Mark

i spent so much time on my SEAT forum that i ended up writing my own website with all the how-to guides, costs etc on!

Original car cost - £11800.

Modifications cost approximation - £5500+.

All modification ideas spurred from the forums. If i had never found the forums, i'd never have known about 90% of the mods!

Now had enough, so slowly getting rid of bits and pieces. never make my money back, but nevermind! Its all good fun, and i learn lots too!

Jeez, your not wrong about the money. I am popping on the forum all day whilst at work and every time I go on I have to look in the parts for sale section :)

Me too mucka. I even sit there for a stint at a time waiting for someone to post some real cool gadget for sale at a rock down price.

I almost fainted when Martin (Lucifer) posted his £24K's worth of stock for sale the other day as I must have been the first person to read it.

I was almost having panic sweats as I reeled through the list:blink:

Me too mucka. I even sit there for a stint at a time waiting for someone to post some real cool gadget for sale at a rock down price.

I almost fainted when Martin (Lucifer) posted his £24K's worth of stock for sale the other day as I must have been the first person to read it.

I was almost having panic sweats as I reeled through the list:blink:

LMAO :rlol:

I know what you mean. I looked on that a few minutes after it went up and thought "oh crap here we go again".

I keep looking at that Blitz boost gauge in the parts for sale section at the moment, thinking how nice it is. Even though I have a perfectly good Apexi one in at the minute. :D

Mark