The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Envy Supra not the uk's fastest?

hob

With out being rude, just wanted to point out that Envy Performance are Not right by saying they Have the Quickest Manual Street Supra,

Thats a Claim Steve Webster owns with his XS Powered Supra, We did a 10.12@147 MPH at the same event Envy did there run,

We have the ticket to prove it, we were beaten by The duke in his Skyline in the finals,

i dont want to seem rude in saying this But at this level surely we deserve a bit of credit, a 10.13 is still god dam quick, but we did have track suspension setup, and not drag racing setup like Envy.

Any way rant over,

http://www.gt4oc.net/viewtopic.php?t=61097&highlight=

I dont have the slip, steve does, but its here on the santa pod site, to see,

or there is a vid of the run on our website, http://www.xs-power.co.uk

Race # Driver From Car ET MPH

PRO12 Tim Webster Duke Racing Nissan Skyline R33 GTR 9.159 161.22

PRO15 Andy Forrest Andy Forrest Performance Subaru Impreza R 9.356 146.11

PRO26 Dee Ireland - Toyota Supra 9.676 148.50

PRO10 Simon Norris Norris Designs Mitsubishi Evo 9.852 149.92

PRO4 Ross Juniper Dragon Performance Mazda RX7 9.962 149.93

PRO7 Paul Blamire Zen Performance Subaru Impreza 10.055 145.06

PRO5 Steve Whittaker DJ Craig Toyota Supra TT 10.121 147.47

PRO1 Kevin Huntley Envy Performance Toyota Supra 10.130 142.80

PRO21 Barrie Rycroft Distinctive Cars York Nissan Skyline 10.608 135.11

PRO8 Mick Begley - Nissan Skyline R33 GTR 10.651 138.40

PRO2 Adrian Smith Fensport Toyota Celica 10.677 134.70

PRO9 John Bradshaw - Nissan Skyline R33 GTS 10.712 141.55

PRO16 Gary Passingham GT-ART Nissan Skyline 10.743 127.59

PRO24 Andy Barnes RE:WORX Mazda RX7 10.798 120.03

PRO22 Rocket Ronnie Abbey Motorsport Mitsubishi Evo 11.442 135.11

PRO3 Tony Charles Fensport Toyota Celica 11.588 125.38

4WD/RWD Alternates Qualifying Times:

Steve Webster or Steve Whittaker??

Steve Whittakers is fully stipped so hardly 'street' like the envy one (at least I think theirs still has the interior.

Full respct to Steve W for his car though, bloody nice chap too.

Yea he made a typo.

Interesting, never heard of that run before. We don't have a drag setup at all though - we run Hipermax coilovers which are an all rounder, nothing special about them.

I don't want to come across as an complete asshole here, but the car is capable of a damn sight more than 10.13 we were all over the bloody track trying to get the power down, hence the lower terminals.

And our car is heavier ;)

Credit where credit is due though that is a seriously fast car and I'll get round to amending the the banner soon. Unless we get a faster time any time soon!

Gaz.

They claimed to have the fastest road going supra in the UK (don't think the CRD one would pass an MOT :D). Sure they'll improve on that 0.009s soon, especially with car only being mapped the day before Santa Pod :) The DJ Craig car puts in some impressive runs though! :clap:

How many single turbo supra's would actually pass an mot though, without a friendly mot station, they are all lacking cats etc ;)

Why doesnt any one appreciate how fast the crd supra is? and has been over the last few years, its been in a league of its own. Its only recently that supras have been getting close.

Envys is fast, and the dj craig is damn fast too. Shame about leon 'selling' (?) his, that had potential and i would say its just as fast as envys and DJ craig, although it is a auto i know :)

What put it into perspective for me was that while queing up for our run the CRD Supra had one person easily pushing it I had 3 burley chaps struggling to push mine! Lol. Unless the guy is the "Incredible Hulk" I think that car must be a good 500kg lighter than mine. :p

I think its the bling in the engine bay thats weighing me down!:rolleyes: :)

Thanks

Kevin