The mkiv Supra Owners Club

in shock

higgs

I recentley insured my single turbo supe with sky and have 2 fill out a modification report form and was working out how much the parts on the car have come 2 and was shocked when i added it up at the end to find out that it came 2 over 27 grand and that is only major components and does not include any labour.

I was going 2 have a aggreed value on the car of 17.5k but after workng that out i think that ill ring them up and see if i can higher it a bit. what do u guys think it would be valued at

That's fucking ridiculous. How can they do that for you but not for me?

Who did you speak to at Sky? I'm gonna be on the phone to them tomorrow and have a moan.

Did you speak to Jay (Jae?), he seems to be the guy that runs things there.

As Sky are a broker rather than actual insurer/underwriter, it could be the ceiling value is linked to the company they take the policy with...

Will be interested to hear the response from Sky.

I didn't get to speak to Jae as he's never available, I did ask for him though.

The guy I spoke to (01-Jun-06) told me right from the start that they DO NOT insure Supras for over 15k. I said that other folks (eg Ashley Wills) have said they have got agreed valuations for more than 15k but he said that maybe they did in the past but Sky don't do that anymore.

Seems to me that some folks are getting their cars insured for more than they're really worth whilst my y2k VVTi with top spec parts (PHR single, Motec, etc), all professionally installed, is being under-valued.

I would appreciate the definitive answer from Sky Insurance who I believe are members of this forum.

Do they replace modifications like for like if the car is involved in an accident?

The insurance in Japan is a little strange. They don't care about modifications, it can be bone stock or running a huge single and nitrious and the insurance is the same. Sounds great, except if you crash then you only get stock parts fitted.

Do they replace modifications like for like if the car is involved in an accident?

Yes Nick, like-for-like is replacement is part of the standard policy. There's a form to declare each and every modification where you need to state the modifcation detail and £ replacement value.

I didn't get to speak to Jae as he's never available, I did ask for him though.

The guy I spoke to (01-Jun-06) told me right from the start that they DO NOT insure Supras for over 15k. I said that other folks (eg Ashley Wills) have said they have got agreed valuations for more than 15k but he said that maybe they did in the past but Sky don't do that anymore.

Seems to me that some folks are getting their cars insured for more than they're really worth whilst my y2k VVTi with top spec parts (PHR single, Motec, etc), all professionally installed, is being under-valued.

I would appreciate the definitive answer from Sky Insurance who I believe are members of this forum.

hi Jake,

yeah, Sky are on here as UIG

not that my car is worth that much, but from reading many of the previous postings, many people have said 15000UK does seem to be the top limit.

Well im hoping im not going to have a problem, but my NA was agreed value of £7k when i originally took out my policy. So i changed cars to the abflug....and agreed to pay £35 for agreed value again. I put 13 or 14k cant remember now and they've said why such a big switch from £7k so ill be calling today to see if this is just an admin problem!

So at the moment i have a TT with 45,000miles and abflug kit with 4k's worth of wheels at a value of 7k :blink:

Welcome back Jake - Good holiday?

I hate insurance companies. The car should be insured for what it would cost to rebuild it. Then they refuse to cover this amount, I'm certain they won't let you have the bits off the car if you wrote it off either. Bah!