The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hobbiest Update - What the hell have I been doing?

Nodalmighty

Basically i've done nothing with my hobbiest status so far. Products I designed were either to technical for my humble electronic skills of just underwhelming. So I'm butchering all the things I've knocked up previously to concentrate on 3 areas:

1) Find and Ecu with a top end feature spec for e-Manage Ultimate money, were they are innovative and will write custom firmware mods for me. Done ;)

2) Design and Make mappable Auto Box Ecu. (Teamed up with G-Tech), Done :)

3) Drag my Screen System kick and screaming into being (Ecu manufacturer writing custom data bust protocol for me), Simplifies my end quite a bit. In progress.

So I've not been sitting on my hands, just so hard to keep the plates spinning with a family and a full time job too. Onwards and Upwards. :D

Lyndon.

Well, in Oz they used to shim the old 3 solenoid boxes and get wheel screeching shifts. I guess increasing the line pressure and reducing the accumulator bleed off would effect a much quicker shift. That in combination with a shim could potentially snap your neck. But it will never be as quick of smooth at a DSG or similar.

I've bailed on doing the electronics for this, Simon Goldthorpe at G-Tech is doing the hardware and I'm doing the software.

Lyndon.

Well, in Oz they used to shim the old 3 solenoid boxes and get wheel screeching shifts. I guess increasing the line pressure and reducing the accumulator bleed off would effect a much quicker shift. That in combination with a shim could potentially snap your neck. But it will never be as quick of smooth at a DSG or similar.

I've bailed on doing the electronics for this, Simon Goldthorpe at G-Tech is doing the hardware and I'm doing the software.

Lyndon.

Neck snapping shifts sounds good :cool: Such a product would be very popular with the many auto owners out there.

Interesting tell me more

Basically autos are a Speed V's TPS map with addition side maps to cover fluid temp adjustment, rate of line pressure increase v's throttle delta, shift softening on accumulator back pressure, over rev protection and that sort of thing.

You have shift maps for each gear for both up and down shift. So for a given speed and throttle position and gear will be selected. That is the basic concept but I have simplified it quite a bit.

When you press the manual mode button either the bespoke paddles or the cruise stalk (if fitted) will be doing the shift requests with over rev protection and lockup control.

Lyndon.

On a sad note the screens I was using are now obsolete and no longer produced. So bollocks to it, time to get my head around the Beagle Bone Black me thinks

On order with a 7.0" 4D Systems Cape (Button and Touch Screen Direct Interface).

1 ghz ARM CORTEX A8 with 3D Acceleration and Floating Point Maths Co Pro. Time to dust off those 3D skills I think :D

Lyndon.

Do you have a date in mind for release? Who would fit the ecu and component parts? I am trying to sus out a fault with my NA-TT conversion ie my MANU function doesn't work. (I have a few things still to check yet) would this need to get resolved before you could install? I dont mind being first ie a guinea pig for this.

Simon at G_Tech is mocking up a prototype as I type. Not sure when it will become commercially available, but I'll bare you in mind as a beta tester. Shame you are so far away.

If any one with a TT local to Burntwood wouldn't mind me scoping out the solenoids on their TT box I'd be grateful. Would only be a scope off of a Fields harness, no damage to ecu wiring loom.

Just need to find the PWM and Frequency of them.

Lyndon.