The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's a good aggressive handling street setup alighnment

RB-GTE

I am in the process of trying to locate a dampening adjustment key/pin thingy for my Ohlins.

They came setup like this from Japan. Most likely on the hardest option. I need to soften up my suspesnion for the street a bit.

After I get that sorted, I'll be upgrading the front/rear sway bars.

Strut bars and wheel setup I am already set.

What are the kind of alighnment's you guys are running?

I'm looking for something that will help me 'feel' the front wheels more, more aggressive and sharper handling, but also something that'll give me decent tyre tread wear.

From what I recall these are my current settings, from a shop that was supposed to do the 'Lance' alighnment but didn't get it right after I saw the print out.

-0.8 front. + 5.0 caster, 0.00mm toe

- 1.2 rear. 1.00 toe

Cheers

To be honest I would take it for a professional geometry setup and tell them exactly what you want to use the car for which in your case just a fast street setup. Alot of people take there cars to wheels in motion (WIM) which is where im taking mine to be done.

Theres no point guessing whats a good setup it needs to be done with expensive computers and machinery. Hope this helps.

To be honest I would take it for a professional geometry setup and tell them exactly what you want to use the car for which in your case just a fast street setup. Alot of people take there cars to wheels in motion (WIM) which is where im taking mine to be done.

Theres no point guessing whats a good setup it needs to be done with expensive computers and machinery. Hope this helps.

:iagree: WIM are excellent

And knowledge, dont forget the knowledge! Known good place are Chris Wilson and WIM. They have set up hundreds of Supra's before so should be able to dial in the settings for the characteristics your after.

Overall feel is hampered by the overly helpful power steering system. You could swap it out for an electric system, and fit a sensitivity switch, but this would be a PITA on a Supra (I'd imagine)

Regarding this, I've read something on one of the usa forums that someone had wired something into the pps solenoid to control it.

That maybe an easier option for someone looking to do this. Possibly...