The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking about a change to my front end

Lee_e

Im loving the stock front with a lip/spolier at the moment but im debating whether it would suit my car.

I need to get my do-luck front touched up and resprayed so will cost around £300 to do all the work. so ideally I want to either repair my front or swap for a new look.

Pic of my sup is attached ( has my old bonnet on, so ignore that part ) , If you cant be bothered to click on the picture then i will tell you what i have :)

Colour - white

Do luck front

Blitz side skirts

Trial rear

Jade R 19" wheels

TRD rear wing ( carbon blade)

stock bonnet

Could anybody put up a picture of a stock white front with a lip please :) would help alot.

thanks boys

293383_10150798304860593_4304928_n.jpg

cheers boys.. The only thing thats stopping me from keeping it and getting it repaired at the moment is how easy it is to crack at the bottom, If I so much as look at a kerb or sloped entrance/exit it cracks :(

I would even consider ideas of how to reinforce the bottom so it has a bit more resistance.

What I done was : the bottom where your undertray is attached, I got a big tin of chopped strand ( pre mixed fibre glass) and basicly slapped loads on in that join from the rear! I knew it was going to be a weak point so I knew I needed to reinforce it. I also added a few screws from the bottom of the tray up into the plastic arches where the old plastic undertray used to be bolted to. Touch wood but nearly 3 years and I'm crack free! ;)

I would even consider ideas of how to reinforce the bottom so it has a bit more resistance.

My TS front has steel plates riveted on the bottom right at the front. Any speed bumps that scrape etc the force is taken by the plates, and not the bumper

So lets say I can get hold of a stock front and its the pre facelift version .. Whats the differences in pre facelift vs facelift apart from the side and front indicators .. which I already own and have wired up etc so wouldnt need to worry about those bits.

See I kinda like it both ways :)

Has a look at steve m's car and have seen it in the flesh .. its just beautiful .. and doesnt have the middle bar ;)

broomie , what about painting the black lip white with and without the middle bar ? .. I love the black but its always worth seeing what it would look like, Im thinking not good haha

thanks dude

u wanna be carefull saying things like that on here!

HAHA completely missed that. :)

Didnt think that the stock active spolier came down that much but then Ive never really had a look at one to be honest.

I havent the foggiest about what lip I want but I do like the RMM Polyurethane one steve has on his :) .. sorry steve.