The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kerb jumped out in front of me - repairable alloys?

roboldham

Hi folks

I think I need to be locked up - had my nice 19" Blitz Z1s on a few weeks.

Heading back from a gig in London last night and stupido me power down, cold rubber, clipped a kerb on the left hand side - both wheels :-/

Front took the brunt - looking at these pics, do you think it is worth trying to get them repaired, or just put this down to being a twat, and dump 'em?

Pic of rear Z1

Pic of front Z1

Cheers

R

Originally posted by TDRAPER

If it was me though and they couldnt be repaird I'd probably try to make something out of them like a coffee table or chair!

:twak: nevermind, learn from mistakes, but as Tom says, i can see it already, stack the two good ones together, slap on a glass top and tadaaa, a new and original coffee table.

Okay, thanks for the info folks.

Gave them a bell, very helpful but said they can't make the outer rim for the Blitz's cos theres not enough flange, too deep etc. etc. - and that if I liked the Blitzs then the best bet is to buy new ones anyway after a heavy impact.

So I guess I shop around for a couple of mismatched Z1s or take peoples advice and get some lighter 18s :-)

Cheers

R